Chapter 4-Bumps, Kisses, and a Ghost (Christopher's chapter)

• Dedicated to Christopher son of arielmd91

This chapter is dedicated to Christopher the late son of arielmd91, she asked for a dedication to him and I was more than happy to oblige her seeing as I too have lost a child and know the pain that comes from it. All my love to you arielmd91.

Pic on the side of Dylan in his work out gear---------------------------------------------->

Chapter 4

After screaming my head off the person I saw was gone. My head must have really hit that concrete hard I could’ve swore I just seen a…a ghost. No it wasn’t real. It can’t be there’s no such thing, right?

Downstairs I hear the sound of a door slamming. “Hey I’m home, how was your first day?” mom yells up the stairs.

Making my way down the stairs I tell her, “Mom it was rough, I dressed up and not one guy noticed me. Then I tick off this girl named Cynthia. Although I did meet a nice girl named Sandy who helped me. As I was walking home I think I fainted and fell on the sidewalk. My head has a hug knot on it, look!”

Mom made me feel better and cooked my favorite meal. We did the dishes together. Heading out the door I told mom I was off to the library and would be back in a few hours.

In the library there were a few books that looked interesting enough to take home. The librarian checked them out for me and I was on my way. Starting to turn the corner to my house then all of the sudden I thumped to the ground books flying everywhere. “Like my day wasn’t bad enough, could you watch where you are going, huh?” I couldn’t help but spout off.

“Here let me help you up,” Said a husky voice.  When my eyes roamed their way up they met two dark blue eyes. He was smiling apologetically.

“Dang, I’m sorry it’s just been a long day,” was the only thing I could manage. As he helped me to my feet I stumbled a little still being in those stupid stilettos. When all of the sudden his hands gripped my waist on each side. I’ve never had a man’s hands on me like this before. It felt really tingly where his hands were touching my body. My entire body felt like a solid block of flaming ice. Under his hands I couldn’t move. He steadied me and quickly let go. “Thank you…for helping me,” I squeaked.

“Anytime,” he said looking at me with this sexy smile playing on his face. Oh man, that made my heart stop. We were standing there on the sidewalk just staring at each other when he started to learn closer to me. Was he going to try to kiss me? I’ve not had my first kiss yet but I would like to change that with him.

His lips brushed mine with the softest of touch and he asked, “Can I kiss you?”

“God yes,” I said with extremely too much enthusiasm. Then it happened. His lips crushed mine in the most pleasurable way as if he had been waiting his whole life for this kiss too. His lips moved along with mine when his tongue outlined my lips and he slipped his tongue into my mouth. His tongue was so warm and soft wrapping around my own. I think a bomb went off in my body because my insides were pretty much just goo.

When he pulled back I waited to see if that kiss made him feel what I felt. He said, “Damn I’m sorry I just couldn’t help myself you just look so hot.” Then once again he turned and just walked away. What?! What does that mean? Did he not want to kiss me? Did he feel like it was a mistake? Did he not enjoy it like I did? NO! The answer is NO! If he felt anything like I did he would’ve never said that and walked away.

There left on the sidewalk alone in total mortification I began to gather my stuff that still lay on the sidewalk. Took off those stupid stilettos and ran home as fast as my feet would carry me. When I bolted through the door momma was in the hallway and looked to be cleaning and more unpacking. “Tiff what’s the matter?”

“Mom, I don’t want to talk about it!” I screamed.

She followed me to my room and sat on the bed next to where I had lay down. “Tiff baby you always talk to me about everything. Who or what happened to make you so upset?”

“Gah!” I groaned. “I am just so embarrassed mom. How can I even tell you. Yes, you have always been my best friend and I always tell you everything but this is just too much.”

“Tiffany Ann Warrenson if something bad has happened to you I want to know who ass I am gonna kick, NOW!” Mom warned.

“That’s just it Momma it was something so good, but it won’t ever happen again,” I cried.

“Is this about a boy?”I just nodded not able to say the words aloud. “Tell me everything honey.”

“O…Ok Mom I met this guy and he is totally smoking right. Then he like completely acts like I don’t exist all day then on my way back from the library I literally run into him. He helps me up, asks if he can kiss me, he does kiss me…My first kiss mom and he is beautiful. Then after the kiss I feel like boiling jello and he says sorry for kissing me and walks away. What the hell is that mom? HUH?”

Momma just sits there with this knowing grin that turns into a full blown sparkling white smile. “Oh Tiff your first kiss. We should celebrate. Wait why are you upset though? Is it because he said something dumb and then walked away?” I nod. “Well let me tell you something little girl. You are my daughter and you are a knock out. He probably couldn’t hold it together long enough after kissing you to say anything intelligent.” Then she smiles that same smile at me. Man am I lucky to have my mom she always knows just what to say.

After we had dinner and cleaned up I found my clothes for the next day, took a shower, got my pjs on and went to bed. As I was laying there thinking about the turnoff events today. I heard my jewelry box music start playing. When I look over it slams shut. I am completely paralyzed with fear. Is she back…The ghost is probably here in my room again. A voice whispers in my ear, “Little girl I am not here to hurt you.”

Since there was no one in the room besides me I knew it was the ghost lady. “Then why are you scaring me half to death?” I asked.

“Because this is my room and I want to help you.” The female voice whispered back. And then she was gone again. I could feel her presence leave.

Since the drapes were pulled back the morning sun was shining directly on my face waking me. Looking over at my clock it’s only 5:30a.m. I take my time getting ready for school and cook some breakfast for me and momma.

Momma sit at the table and says, “Well don’t you look magnificent!” in her best impression of a Parisian fashionista.

“Thanks mom,” I said. Even with my mom saying it embarrassment still swept over me. Today I was wearing a blue jean mini skirt that frayed at the bottom and a dark green shirt that was snug in all the right places. Wanting to look different than yesterday I straightened my hair and wore plain black flats. My head still hurt like really bad but the lump was considerably smaller today.

Walking down the hallway of the school to my first class someone grabbed my wrist and spun me around. I found myself facing none other than