Chapter-34

Chapter 34

Tiffany POV

I walked over to the stream and cupped my hand into the water to get a drink. How has things got to this point a year and half ago I was a normal, sort of, human girl. I was thinking of college and career. Now I am a victim of kidnapping and my life is full of mythical creatures and spirits. Lost in my thought I didn’t realize I wasn’t alone until someone grabbed me from behind. Before I could stop it a blood curdling scream left my mouth just before a hand clamped over it. Now there’s a knife at my throat.

“If you want to live for a few more minutes you will keep the big mouth shut, understand?” the man behind me told me.  I nodded against his hand over my mouth. He walked me away from the stream and into the forest. We walked for some time when I heard voices. I recognized Stephan’s. As we walked into view of the make shift search party the man holding me threw me to the ground in front of Stephan.

“Here’s the little runaway. Now I am going back to bed. Don’t bother me again if you cannot keep up with your play toy,” the man told Stephan.

Stephan’s face went rigid, “Well it is your men who cannot follow simple instructions brother.” The man who found me just shrugged and walked away. Stephan walked up to where I was lying on the ground. He pulled me up by one arm roughly.

“I was good to you but that my dear is over. How dare you defy me! I would have given you everything you ever wanted,” He said. I spit in his face. He wiped his face off and pulled me closer to him and he slapped me so hard across the face that I once again fell to the ground. When I fell he kicked my side and I am pretty sure I have some broken ribs by the way they sting. I cried out in pain. The next thing I knew Stephan was on the ground as well.

Dylan was on top of him beating him about his head. Stephan threw Dylan off of him and they stood toe to toe. Then there was a new voice in the mix.

“Tsk, Tsk. Now boys play nice. I wouldn’t want to have to kill all of you right now. I could still use Stephan and little Miss Tiffany here too,” Joanne told them.

“Joanne?” Dylan queried.

“Yes, Alpha it’s me. The one your father exiled into this human oblivion. But I would say I have managed fairly well for an outcast wouldn’t you?”

“What the hell do you want with Tiffany?” Dylan asked her.

“Ah yes well Alpha let me tell you since you will die soon anyway. Your father exiled me from my home all because I tried to save my mother’s life,” Joanne started only to be interrupted by Dylan.

“You were practicing the black arts! That is unforgivable! Seems like father should’ve put you to death for your crimes though,” Dylan said vehemently.

“I was saving my mother by any means necessary! And your father killed her by banishing me away from her!” Joanne seemed to realize she was losing control and straightened her shoulders.

“But that’s not why we are here right now…On with my story. Once I was banished I decided the best way to get my revenge was to take what your father loved the most his family, his pack. So I hired Stephan here to get on the council, gain trust , and when you found your mate we would kidnap her, kill her and in your grief stricken state kill you thus making me the new Alpha,” Joanne was once again interrupted but this time by Stephan who lunged at Joanne only to be held back by two guards.

“You said I was to be Alpha! I do as you ask and you make me Alpha and we rule together!” Stephan shouted.

“Yes well that changed when you became enamored with this little minx that seems to catch all male attention. But I still needed you to get her to me and now that I have her where I want her I no longer need you,” with a flick of Joanne’s wrist one of the guards snapped Stephan’s neck and proceeded to cut his head clean from his body. I had to look away.

“Now how about we get down to business…I will take what is left of Tiffany’s powers and when I finish she will be dead,” she turned to speak directly to Dylan. “I will give you one option Alpha. You can help me now and remain Alpha with me at your side as your all powerful mate or I can kill you after you watch her die slowly,” she told him.

===================================================

Comments ;)