Chapter 14-Melting the Snow

Chapter 14

“That was me talking your mother into letting you go with me.” He stated like it was obvious.

“No what language was that and how does my mom know it?”

“Well there are many things I need to tell you and explain about who I am. But for now since we can’t talk privately while on this plane let’s just say I have a talent to talk others into doing what I want.” As he said this he had a cocky grin on his face.

“Why Colorado?” I asked.

“It’s far enough away that by the time they realize what we did they won’t have time to stop us. And I thought it would make for a more romantic gesture to you as my mate,” he said.

 But then something dawned on me…had he done this to me to ensure I would care about him and go with him? Extreme stress and the plane ride were making me really drowsy.

“Tiff, we are here,” were the next words I hear. I rubbed the sleep from my bloodshot green eyes. It dawned on me; we were safe, we were away from Dylan and we are in love. Could this be better? Yes, I could be in a safe warm bed with this gorgeous male specimen next to me.

Once off the airplane we gathered our luggage, just a couple of bags. He hailed a cab and we were off to our destination. The Parade Hotel did not look like the hotels I was use to. It was an enormous log cabin with wall length windows and a green metal roof. It had a wooden balcony with intricate designs on the railing on each floor. It was beyond stunning. It was dark outside and the snow covered ground made the log cabin’s lit windows look like they glowed from the warmth they held. The light a beacon welcoming all who were lucky enough to look upon its ambiance.  

“It’s just absolutely perfect Rodney,” I whispered through my awe.

“I am glad you approve. I wanted this to be special but perfect is even better,” he chuckle with a nervousness I hadn’t seen from him before.

“Uh…,”I couldn’t even make out a sentence because his nervousness made me quite nervous. We walked into the hotel with our bags and Rodney checked us into a room. He came over to me and told me to follow him. We wound our way through the hotel until we made it to room 1017. As he opened the door I gasped the room was even more unbelievable than the outside. The carpet was a deep red the furniture was all in a deep plush gold fabric with the wooden pieces of furniture painted in a complementing gold leafing. The drapes, oh the drapes were a dull gold with paisley pattern that was a shiny gold. They shimmered in the glow of the humongous chandelier that dripped from the ceiling like diamonds.

“Rodney how much did you spend on this? Whatever it was it was too much!” I exclaimed.

“Calm down sweet pea. Money is not a big deal to me. I have more where this came from. Okay?” He asked.

I blushed kind of embarrassed at my outburst from seconds ago. He called me sweet pea. I blushed harder at the thought of that.