Epilogue 4

Epilogue 4

Harry's POV

“This is the tenth time in the past week that she's thrown up Gis,” I said getting back into bed. Our daughter April, has been vomiting since Sunday night and I'm really worried. She's had trouble walking sometimes, but she's three and she has been walking just fine since she was 19 months. We need to take her to the doctor. Even if the kids' next appointment isn't until next month.

“I know, I'm gonna call the doctor tomorrow and see how soon we can get her in. I was thinking about moving all of the kids check up date the same day as her. You know so that she doesn't feel like they get off easy,” Gis says.

“Gis, she's only three,” I chuckle.

“I know, that made you lighten up a bit, plus we can save some time and have more time together with the kids after,” I nod and we both go back to sleep. I hope this is just a stomach bug or something. But, her struggles to walk? I hope its not serious or anything. As if on cue Giselle laid her head on my chest and spoke.

“She'll be okay,” she assures me. We both fall asleep within minutes.

**

When I woke up, I stride down to the kitchen. On my way there I pass the office and heard Giselle's voice. I step in to see her on the phone, most likely making the kids appointment. “Yes...Well, she's been having trouble walking lately, my husband and I have had to feed her a few times because she couldn't move her arm like she forgot how to move them, and she's been vomiting almost every afternoon, and night since Sunday...uh huh...April Styles...Giselle Styles...oh and I wanted to know if I will be able get the rest of my kids in so she wouldn't be nervous about being the only one getting a check up?..Okay, 2:35 is good...Uh huh...thank you...bye.” she smiles when she looks up at me. I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her.

“Morning love,” I said. She smiled and gave me a kiss good morning. “So all of the kids have an appointment for 2:35 this afternoon?” I ask.

“Yeah,” she responds leaning into me. We stay there like that for about half an hour before one Dylan walked in.

“Mummy, daddy, I'm hungry,” he says in his morning voice. Our kids have a cross between an American and British accent. Dylan has a strong British accent like me. I let go of Gis, kissing her cheek before walking over to my six year old son. He started school in August of last year. Now he's on summer vacation. It took a little getting used to having to alternate who picks him up from school and who picks the kids up from daycare. Once we were in the kitchen, I put Dylan in a chair at the island and gave him a juice box. Of course I opened it. I don't need a juice mess to clean up after having to clean up vomit last night.

“Morning baby,” Gis say as she follows the kids into the kitchen. I frown when I see her carrying April into the kitchen. “She was having a bit of a struggle walking down the hallway upstairs,” she explains setting her down at the table with the other kids. Giselle and I have five kids. Dylan, the eldest, April and Bailey, the twins, Lokelani, and Megara. Bailey is a boy by the way. Wouldn't want anyone to think my son is a girl. Niall, and Louis gave me hell about choosing that name. Lokelani is Hawaiian, I can;'t think of the meaning right now though. I place the plates of food down in front of each child. I sit down with some applesauce in from of Megara, whom is 17 months old.

“Well, I just hope there's nothing seriously wrong with her,” I say. Giselle comes back with two plates. One for her and one for me.

**

“Styles?” a woman calls and we round up out kids. “So how are we going to do it this time?”

“I'll take the Dylan, Meg, and Bailey.” I say moving Meg from Giselle's arms into mine and take a hold of my kids down the hall following the nurse to a two empty rooms right next to each other. Giselle goes into the one to the right and I take the other. I'm so glad I don't have to tell my kids not to touch anything. They sit and wait like they're supposed to. Well Giselle and I may be strict on them, but its a good thing.

“Hello, Harry,” the doctor, Dr. Rose says finally coming in. I force a smile and greet him back. He does the usual check up on each of the kids before speaking to me. “So, I just came from the room next door. The one your wife is in, and she told me about the oddness in April, so we did a blood test that and the results will be back in two weeks or so,” she says. I nod. “Okay, their vitals are fine, repulses, like a bitch.”

“Oh, yeah sorry about that,” I chuckle along with him. Bailey kicked Dr. Rose in the side when he was checking his reflexes.

“Its alright. Not like its the first time it happened,” he chuckled. “Okay, would you like to know more about your daughter? I told Giselle everything she needs to know,” he offers. I nod my head standing with him in the hallway. I tell the kids to stand still while I was talking and holding Meg.

“When I checked her reflexes, they weren't as strong as they usually are, and she almost couldn't talk right,” he said. But she talks just fine. As well as your average three year old. “We must defiantly should take precautions and make sure that this isn't anything too serious.”

“Okay, so I assume Gis told you everything we're concerned about?” I ask. He nods looking at his notes on his clipboard.

“Yes, she did. Until we get the blood test results, I advise you both to take it easy and be patient with her. Once we get the results back, we'll need to schedule another appointment for her to do some x-rays on her if she doesn't get better,” he explains. By the time we're done talking, Gis comes out of the room with Lokelani, and April, both on each hip. “We're also going to give her some crutches for whenever she needs them. Follow me.”

Dr. Rose led us to an area where kids get their casts, crutches and all that. It went faster than I thought. They sized her for the crutches, then taught her how to use them, and we were ready to go.

**

“Hello, thank you so much for coming on such short notice,” Dr. Rose said as we walked into the children ward of the hospital. We greet him back and he leads us to speak privately in his office. He gestured for us to sit in the chairs in front of his desk. I set April on my lap. “So the results came back,” he said a frown coming upon his face.

“Okay, so what did they say?” Gis asked, her voice shaking due to Dr. Rose's frown.

“I'm sorry to inform you that April has cancer.”

A/N: this the end of this book