Chapter 2

Chapter 2

As soon as I got I the house, I went straight to my room and plopped down. on my bed. What did Grandmother Splendora mean by my powers will be greater than my sisters'? I thought all of our power is equal, and is only greater when there is more than one witch. My phone began ringing and I shot up with a start. The caller ID read Lynn Baker, my ex best friend. I ignored the call and got ready bed.

--------

Hey, Mark, did you get those papers you said you'll get for me? And I finished the assignment, I'll send it to you when I get back to my office." I said to my boss who was holding a manila folder. He turned to face me.

"Yes I did and thank you Miss Beckett," he said handing me the folder that he was holding. I smiled lightly thanking him and turned to leave his office, but he stopped me. "Oh, Giselle."

"Yes Mark?" I say faking a smile.  he never calls me by my first name at he wants something, or tries to ask me out.

"There's a new intern coming in today, and unfortunately, I can't give him a tour and tell him what he ahs to do because I have a meeting at the time he should be arriving. So I was wondering if you could do it?" he explained. I sighed heavily and look him in the eye trying not to read his mind and his fears. I try to speak but before the words could pass my lips, Mark begins again.

"Please, you've been for bout as long as me and you know the ropes and the place like the back of your hand. you've also been here since you were an intern," he begged. I gave in and sucked a deep breath and nodded shifting my weight onto my left foot showing that I give in.

"Okay fine, what time?" I ask rolling my eyes.

"3:00, thank you," he answered. 

"What? That's in ten minutes!" I exclaimed. He turned and looked at me. Ten minutes, what was he thinking and an hour before I get off of work. He's got to be kidding me.

"Yes it is," he simply said like it was no big deal. It's taking everything in me not to use a time spell. This is crazy. I have work to do and I don't plan on spending time when I get home trying to finish it by tomorrow.   

"Mark how the hell am I supposed to get all my work done while helping an intern get settled?" I ask and he shrugs gather all his paper and documents. I can't stand this man.

 "I'll extend your time for the next assignment," he says looking at me, a smirk evident on his face. I knew what was the price to the extension on the assignment, and like always I refuse. I roll my eyes and storm out of the room before I curse him and cuss him out.  

 I groan as I shut the door to my office and plop down in my chair at my desk. First, I look over the assignment I finished before sending it to Mark. When I was finished going over the new assignments and fished taking notes from it, a knock sounded at my door. I kept my head down and said "come in." The door opened to reveal a young man about my age, tall, curly hair, perfect tanned skin, luscious pink lips, and those eyes, those jade green eyes.

"Uh, hi, umm you're Miss Beckett right?" he asked, his British accent clear. He wore an unsure and nervous look on his face. He was gorgeous.

"Yes I am. Giselle if you please," I say stand from my desk and moving from behind it to shake his hand.

"Oh good, I'm Harry, Harry Styles. I thought I might get the wrong person," he smiles and I return the gesture. Oh my, those dimples. God, this man is so damn sexy, if no one was here and grandmother Splendora didn't give me that creepy warning, I would turn the AC on with my powers to cool off.

"Well you got lucky. Now are you the new intern I'm supposed to mentor?" I smile. He nodded his head. I proceeded to grab the work for him and some helpful hints and instructions I wrote for him. "Well then follow me and we'll get you set up and settled in."