Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Giselle's POV

“Giselle, here's your new assignment,” Mark said placing a folder on my desk. I looked up to see him basically undressing me with his eyes. “So Giselle, you and me dinner tonight, wear something nice and sexy,” he said. Is he serious? How many times do I need to tell him that I don't want him. 

“I have plans for tonight,” I said not looking up from my laptop. I heard him stand from my desk. What is he doing? He walks around and stands behind me. I pick up my pen and begin writing notes from the report I received. I can feel him breathing down my neck.

“You have beautiful hand writing you know,” he says. I thank him and continue my note taking. “How about tomorrow night or Friday night?”

“I have plans,” I say as he pushes my long bangs behind my ear. Someone knocks on my door and enters just as Mark places his hand on my thigh. We look up to see Adam. Oh thank god! Adam and I have lunch everyday now. He speaks up when he sees that I'm uncomfortable.

“Hey Gis, is everything okay?” he asks. Mark stands up straight and walks over to Adam.

“Mark Allen, head of the company,” he said holding out his to Adam, who just glared at him. “I guess you don't care.”

“Yeah, whatever. Gis, you ready?” Adam asked. I nodded and grabbed my purse and smiled.

“Yeah, I'm ready. Sorry Mark, guess I was saved by the bell,” I said before following Adam out of my office. When we got to Adam's car, we got in and he looked at me like I did something.

“What?” I asked as he pulled off and drove down the street.

“Why was he all over you?” he asked. Because he's a fucking pervert.

“Because he wants me and I keep rejecting hm. If you hadn't walked in, I think I would've lost my job,” I said. He nodded.

“What about Harry?” he asked.

“What about him,” Adam stopped at a stop light and looked at me. He gave me a knowing look.

“Aren't you two like together or something?” I nearly threw up at the thought. The thought of Harry and I dating wouldn't usually make me sick, it's what I did to him.

“No. Sometimes I wish we were,” I said and he nodded. He pulled up to my childhood favorite cafe, Witch's Brew. It was not my favorite because of the name, I didn't know I was a witch when I fell in love with this place. We went in and sat by a window. A young woman came over to take our order and looked at Adam. She handed us our menus before speaking.

“Hi, I'm Jenna and I'll be your server today. Can I start you off with a drink?” she said smiling flirtatiously at Adam. Is she really trying to make me jealous?

“Yes, can I get a lemonade please?” Adam said.

“Can I get a tea please?” I said and she rolled her eyes at me and smiled at Adam. Bitch.

“I'll be right back with with your drinks,” she said eyeballing me before walking away. I rolled me eyes.

“I like you too bitch,” I said under my breath. Adam heard me because he laughed. I'm so used to the slutty waitresses, I used to date.

“Looks like someone is taking an instant disliking to someone,” he said. I gave him a sarcastic smile before laughing. He knows how to make me laugh. We decided what we wanted right when the waitress came back. She set our drinks down in front of us and took out her note pad.

“Are you ready to order?” she asked. Adam and I nodded.

“Um..I'll have the barbeque steak tips, sirloin charcoal broiled with fries,” he said. She didn't even turn to me, she kept her eyes on him.