Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Giselle's POV

I woke up on the couch with Adam's arm around me, and the tv was still on. I picked up the remote and turned the tv off, before untangling myself from the blanket and Adam's arms. What time is it? I looked at my phone to see that its one in the afternoon. Looks like he's not going to work today. I went up to my room and took a shower. When I got out I put on some jeans, a purple t shirt, and put my hair in a ponytail. When I got back downstairs, Adam was still sleep, so I went into the kitchen and made myself an chocolate-caramel iced latte. Its beats going to Starbucks. I like Starbucks, but I'd prefer McDonald's, Einstein bros, Cinnabon, or Dunckin' Donuts, or to make my own ust the way I like itat home.

“Hey Gis,” I heard Adam say. I turned to see him standing at the entrance of the kitchen.

“Hey,” I said. He was massaging his temples with furrowed eyebrows. “Need some advil?” I aksed. He nodded. “Okay, I'll go get you some.”

“No I'll get it,” he said. I nodded.

“Okay, left side in the medicine cabinet,” I told hims and he nodded.

When he came back, he went over and made him some coffee for himself. No I don't care if he makes himself at home in my kitchen. I told Niall to make himself at home once and he went straight to the kitchen.

“Giselle nothing happened did it?” he asked. I shook my head. “I didn't not mean to get that drunk,” he said.

“Yeah, but it's okay. You're funny when you're drunk,” I said and he rolled his eyes.

“What did I do?” he asked.

“When I brought you into the living room, you fell onto the couch singing 'how high the moon, what's happening babe, ha ha',” I said. He rolled his eyes again. “Stop rolling your eyes you look like a teenage girl.”

“No I don't,” he said giving me an annoyed look. “Hey so, is it okay if I bring Tara, as a plus one to your birthday party? After the incarnation that is,” he asked.

“Please bring her,” I said. “You know how my parties be.”

“I sure do, and you be killing it on the dance floor and on the mic. You need to become a dancer,” he smiled. I shook my head. Honestly I never thought about putting my skills to the test and becoming a dancer and singer. Everybody tells me I have the skills.

“I've been told, but I never really thought a bout actually going pro,” I said. He nodded an finished of his coffee. “So I guess you had fun last night, obviously.” 

“I guess so,” he said.

“Louis and I danced and I felt like I was doing something wrong,” I said. In all honesty I like dancing with Louis the way we did but, if felt so wrong. 

“That's because your heart belongs to someone else,” Adam said in a duh tone. I shook my head. Usually he'll make a joke before coming out with what he wants to say. Its a lot to deal with, but at least his joking side is helpful.

“Hey, are you okay?” I asked. He gave me a look as if to say 'what are you talking about.' “You did have a joke to tell,” I said. He nodded like okay.

“I know, because was serious,” he said as he washed out his coffee mug. “I mean, it felt wrong because your hear belongs to someone else. You should be able to feel that,” he explained.

“Even though I'm a witch, that's one thing I can not tell,” I said making him shake his head. I looked at him in confusion. He dried his hands off and sat next to me at the island.