Chapter 3

• Dedicated to To all the girls who suffer from abuse

Chapter 3

I pulled into my mother's driveway and saw that the garage was taken by my sister's car. Katherine knows how much I love parking in there. Damn who is that parked on the street by just before the driveway? I look over to Harry who isn't really in awe like most guys I bring over. I wonder what the occasion for dinner is today. Harry head up to the front door and I clip my hair back before opening the door. 

"Hey Giselle!" My loving yet annoying sister comes up to me and hugs me. I happily hug her back.

"Hey Nan," I say pulling away and turning to Harry. "Nan, this is Harry, he's the new intern at the office. Harry this my sister Nanette," I say and Nanette smiles hugely at Harry in a friendly way and shakes his hand telling him to call her Nan or Nettie. I never imagined him meeting my family on the same day we met. I see everyone else gathered in the living room and some in the kitchen. I go into the living to see who was in there, with Harry following close behind.

"Giselle where have you been? We've been waiting for you," mother says coming up to me with a smile on her face. Well she is in a really good mood. We hugged for almost three seconds, and she pulled away to look at Harry. "is this a new man? Do I hear wedding bells and baby cries in the future?"

She must be going half crazy. I look at Harry who is looking a bit nervous now. Thanks a lot mother. "No, stop embarrassing me and leave my future alone please. This is Harry, he's a new intern at the office. Harry this is my mother, Fawn," Harry smiles and reaches his hand out for her to shake but she had different idea. She pulled him into a bone crushing hug, taking him by complete surprise. And she wonders why I don't bring men here often, or why I don't have one.

"Okay mother, and you wonder why I never bring my dates to meet you," I say knowing I'm going to get an earful later. She let Harry go and told me that someone was here asking about me. I don't know who it is and I don't know if I wanna know. I spoke to multiple family members until I came across one particular person that made me sick to the stomach thinking about him.

"Hello Elle, or do people still call you that?" He said. Why is he here? Why is almost everybody here?

"It's Giselle," I say, venom laced in my voice. I don't care if I sound rude. He doesn't deserve my kindness. I'll be dammed if I have to sit next to him at dinner. He sickens me. I hate him with a passion.

"Giselle, you're still Elle to me. Its good to see you," he says. Is really trying me? He knows how much I hate him. He gets on my nerves. I used to love him until he did what he did. Now he wants to show up after 15 years? Oh hell no! I still haven't forgiven him, no matter what Grandmother says.

"I wish I could say the same. Why are you here?" I ask. Harry must've sensed my annoyance with this man because he wrapped his arm around me and gave me a reassuring squeeze.

"Look Dianne invited me over because she wants me to be here. And I'm glad I decided to come, I thought you'd show up," he smirked. That was enough to send steam spewing from my ears. I just wanna slap that stupid ass grin off his face. Of course Dianne would forgive him. I don't know about my other sisters, but I know I probably won't ever forgive him. "Giselle who is this your boyfriend?"

"What is it to you?" I ask and he narrows his eyes at me. I see the bulge growing in his pants. Him and his sons can go to hell for all I care. I really don't give a damn. Grandmother Splendora is listening in the other room, but like I said I don't give a damn. I'm that one person everybody knows who doesn't care or give a damn in most cases.

"Giselle you can just walk away if you want," Harry says encouragingly into my ear. I ignore his extremely helpful words and stare this man in the eye.