Chapter 20

Thursday, 9:25

That was it. Lisa was tranquilly yet confidently walking to where the opening ceremony for the elections would take place. The closer she was to the auditorium, the more excited she felt. Today was going to shake up the whole campus' life as well as its students'. She couldn't wait for some action to take place. Changes and lack of comfort always gave her adrenaline, pumping her up and making her asking for more. Trying to be in complete control all the time in order to have a smooth and troubleless life was like reading a book already knowing the end.

Boring.

Lisa liked challenges, she liked plot twists, but most importantly, she liked being the cause of them, disturbing everyone's daily life. And God knew those elections were going to give her every opportunity to do so.

She entered the room, already filled with a lot of students, and noticed Jisoo and Chaeyoung sitting in the back of the hall. Without further thoughts and reflections, she joined her friends.

—————————————

That was it. Taehyung felt nervous. He hesitated a moment before entering the room, as if subconsciously, something was telling him it was a bad idea. But it only lasted a second before he felt a hand slipping into his own. He glanced over to his left, only to see his girlfriend smiling softly at him. The boy opened his eyes in surprise before mentally slapping himself. How he be doubtful at a time like this?

Stupid.

He needed to grow up and face up reality. He was made for this and couldn't run away anymore. Photography and art weren't realistic career choices, college director was. These elections were just a small detail; he was going to win them, proving to everyone his worth, and then accomplish his true duty.

As he went inside, he immediately noticed Lisa at the far end of the hall, looking at him. As their eyes met, the Thai girl nodded, almost imperceptibly, letting out a mysterious smile. Taehyung squinted his eyes for a moment, confused, but right away returned the gesture. He and Nayeon then walked to the front row, sitting a few seats away from Jennie, who was already here and hadn't spared him a glance.

—————————————

That was it. Jennie had been the first one to arrive. She felt ready. Her plan was simple: make Jimin participate for her and become the next president. If it worked, she would be able to regain control over the council.

Choosing who would secretly represent her hadn't been difficult. Jimin was the most trustworthy of her friends, always ready to help her. He was popular, nice, and a very good student. In short, he would have made a decent president if he had been interested in being one. Not perfect, but suitable. But it didn't really matter anyway since Jennie would be the one working in the shadows.

Although her plan looked pretty simple, the most difficult part was still to get him elected. She didn't know how many people would participate besides Taehyung, but her cousin alone, as much as she hated to admit it, had already more chances to win. He was the vice-president after all, and the son of the director, without mentioning his popularity among the others that equalized-if not surpassed-Jimin's. But she had already started to brief her friend, teaching him how to act and what to say in order to get more chances of being elected. In the end, it was only strategy that was going to count.

Focus.

She knew she could do it. The challenge was tremendous but not impossible. She was Jennie Kim after all, and nothing was going to make her give up on what she had made already so much effort in obtaining.

It was 9:29 when she saw Jimin entering the room and approaching her.

"You're late," she coldly whispered to him as he sat down next to her, "don't forget that every action of yours will be noticed and potentially used against you."