Chapter 42

"Good morning and happy Sunday to everybod-"

"Mdhshutthefuckup..." Lisa gestured to slam her alarm. But as she threw her hand to her side, she felt nothing on her night table. Too tired to open her eyes, she blindly continued to randomly hit the piece of furniture.

"Shhht, it's on the other side..." A feminine voice next to her murmured as Lisa felt its owner in her bed shifting next to her to turn off the damned machine.

"Oh right, thanks." She then simply let out before getting back to sleep.

Wait.

Her eyes shot open. Why was her alarm on this side of the bed? Was it even her room? Scanning her surroundings, she immediately realized it wasn't the case.

Slowly turning her head to the left side of the bed, she was faced with a bare back, dark long hair escalating it. That silhouette...looked familiar.

"Hey..." She called out, a little confused. "Look, I don't really remember what we did last night, but I should probably go so-"

"You don't remember? What a shame."

That voice too, sounded familiar. 

And pretty seductive.

"Maybe you do want me to remind you?"

And as the mysterious girl slowly turned around, Lisa suddenly widened her eyes, finally recognizing her.

"J-"

"Good morning and happy Monday to everybod-"

"Mmmmisaidshutthefuckup." She grumbled again, hitting her alarm, placed at the right spot this time. Not wasting a second, she immediately opened her eyes, only to recognize that she was indeed back in her apartment.

"A dream..." She realized, relieved.

Letting out a loud sigh, she sank back in her bed as sleep took over her.

Five hours later, she woke up again, finally feeling a little bit rested. Getting up, she slowly started analyzing her situation. No sign of anyone in the apartment, clean bed, restroom in order, and even entrance door closed. She knot her eyebrows, confused.

How the hell had she managed to bring herself home safely when almost no recollection of the last twenty-four hours?

Her head was killing her. There was no way she was attending classes today.

As she made her way to her kitchen, she desperately tried to remember what happened Saturday night that made her sleep for the entire rest of the weekend.

"Damn, I really went overboard." She commented out loud, serving herself some coffee, grabbing an Aspirin as she sat on her couch and waited.

Weird, she thought after a while. Nothing was happening. 

She had been preparing for some phone calls from her friends, or some random stranger knocking at her door, asking for more than a simple one-night stand, or even for the cops to forcefully invade her apartment, announcing her arrestation for whatever crime she could have committed that fateful night.

But again, nothing. No backlash or consequences for her excessive drinking seemed to manifest.

After a few hours full of rumination, meditation and occasional cups of coffee, she couldn't take it anymore. She looked at her watch. 15:50. And it suddenly hit her.

"...let's hope you can also remember not to come late."