Chapter 43

10:00

"By the way Chicken, what happened to me last Saturday night?"

"Heh?!" Jisoo bawled as she stared at her friend sitting next to her. "I haven't seen you in two days and that's how you greet me? Not even a hi?"

"Not before you answer my question."

"Sometimes I wonder what kind of terrible crime I must have committed for God to send you in my life."

"Are you calling me an angel?" Lisa raised her eyebrows in confusion, not really sure if her friend had meant the hidden compliment. "Anyway, I asked Jennie and she told me that-"

"Seriously what the fuck? Since when are you two-"

"Way too complicated for your simple brain, Chicken. Now for my answer?"

"If my brain is so simple," Jisoo folded her arms, a little upset. "Then why don't you stick with what Jennie told you. After all, I'm sure she must have a better memory, since her brain is sooo big-"

"Because she lied to me." Simply replied the Thai girl, leaning back on her chair, her gaze suddenly settling on the said brunette who was talking with some other students, a dozen of rows under them. 

Yes, Jennie lied. Lisa was sure of it. Something wasn't adding up; a few students still looked scared when seeing her on campus, and falling off a piano seat definitely didn't deserve such reactions. Which led to two possibilities.

Either, she had done something much worse and Jennie hadn't been aware of it, or, the brunette had lied on the 'piano accident' itself. And right now, her guts were cheering for that second option.

"Um sorry to interrupt your train of thoughts, but my simple brain has a little difficulty figuring out why do you think she lied."

"Why don't you just tell me instead what happened after my shot battle with Kai, so I can prove my point?"

"Bro, I passed out right after that. I really can't help you."

"I see-"

"But people were talking yesterday."

"Yeah humans do that sometimes." Commented Lisa absently, not really interested anymore.

"Not like that dumbass." Jisoo slapped her shoulder. "I mean, there have been students saying that Jennie basically took your defense at some point."

"Took my defense?" Lisa's attention was caught again. Jennie definitely hadn't mentioned anything of the kind.

"I don't know man. You know, since my brain is so tiiiny, I can't remember very we-"

"Oh your brain is so big!" She suddenly rushed, petting her friend's as she continued to shower her with compliments. "Soooo big and beautiful-"

"No seriously, I can't actually remember." Deadpanned Jisoo, now clearly embarrassed.

"God, and I wasted my precious fake praises on you...I guess I'll ask Taehyung." Lisa lamented herself. "Oh and by the way, Chicken." She added in a serious tone.

"W-what?"

"Good morning." She greeted with a smile.

—————————————

12:10

"Yes for the third time, this is not a joke. Is it really that hard for you to understand?" Sighed Jennie in front of her best friends at the Tree.

"I'm sorry Jen, but you can't really blame us for being at least confused." Hwasa was the first one to reply. "I mean, you almost threatened us not to approach Lisa at the beginning of the year..."