Chapter 55

Warmth.

No, fire actually.

Lisa's whole body was simply incandescent. From the moment their mouths met, time seemed to melt, distilling itself as if each millisecond passing actually lasted an hour, letting an infinite amount of emotions, sensations and thoughts run in her brain and body.

What was happening? Why was Jennie kissing her?

Every neurons was vigorously working, completely leaving out the command of her motor system as it solely focused on digging, searching, making connections. Anything to answer these two questions.

Jennie. Jennie. Jennie.

Thoughts, memories, images of her were flashing. It's like she had accessed a whole archives containing all the moments she had spent with the girl. She almost felt herself getting physically transported inside her own cortex. And the more she went through it, the more amount of informations she assimilated again, she finally understood.

But suddenly, she felt herself drifted apart from her mind, as if some sort of alarm had just warned her of a great danger. Her brain and nerve cells had finally regained communication.

She felt Jennie's whole body enter in contact with her own.

The fire. It was spreading.

Time was up, she needed to escape. And before the brunette could fully press -no, fuse- with her, she immediately extended her arms in front of her, violently pushing the latter away.

How long did this whole thing last? A second? Two, maybe? She couldn't quite tell.

The world started moving again, she was aware of everything surrounding her. Jennie in front of her, looking at the floor, their heavy breathing, her own heartbeat, a tear of sweat dripping on her temple, the vodka taste on her lips, the watch's needles ticking from her wrist.

After long minutes of them still immobile, Lisa finally let out a last big exhale before making a small step toward the culprit of the chaos that had just happened.

"Jennie..." She started.

But before she could go on, she frowned, seeing the brunette's body slowly fall. Realizing the latter had fainted, she instantly rushed to her, and caught her before she could hit the floor.

They stayed like for a while, Jennie laying down as Lisa could only look at her with wide eyes. Seeing her chest slowly and regularly rising up and down, she sighed.

And completely turning off her brain for the night, she simply tightened her grip, passing an arm under her legs as she stood up, carrying the sleeping figure to her bedroom.

—————————————

6:30

"Aarrhg Stop." Jennie groaned as she shifted under her covers. Her alarm clock must really appreciate shrieking and torturing her each and every morning.

But as soon as this thought hit her, her eyebrows furrowed and she suddenly held her breath, letting silence invade the whole room.

Wait, silence?

Why was it quiet? Why was her alarm not ringing?

She opened her eyes instantly, and sat upright. Her breath got caught in her throat as she confirmed what she had just been suspecting.

She wasn't in her room.

Quickly scanning her surroundings, it took her a minute to finally identify the place she was in, and she felt her heartbeat pick up.