Chapter 44

Previous Saturday, 00:45

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" Jimin looked at Jennie expectantly, his gaze flicking occasionally to the Thai girl asleep in his friend's passenger seat.

"I'll be fine, Jimin. This whole mess definitely sobered me up." The brunette dismissed as she walked around her car, ready to leave as soon as possible. "Plus, you can't just let thirty drunk students wander around in your house without surveillance."

The boy sighed, knowing she was right.

"Alright, but call me if anything happens." He finally pleaded. "Lisa Manoban isn't the type of person you can handle on your own. And I don't want you..."

But he couldn't finish his sentence as the brunette had already turned on the engine. She waved a quick sign of goodbye and left him alone and confused in his parking lot.

It had only been a few minutes into their ride and Jennie finally decided to deviate her eyes from the road to take a quick glance at the sleeping creature next to her. It lasted a second only, but it was just enough for her to notice Lisa comfortably curled up in her seat, knees up to her torso, facing the brunette. It almost made her jump, but after a quick second look, she realized her fellow passenger was actually still sleeping.

A minute passed and things weren't going well. Jennie found herself yet again having trouble concentrating on what was in front of her. She turned her head a third time to observe the Thai girl before stopping at a red light.

And a fourth time.

Gradually, her peeps became longer and longer, but without any results. She could barely see in the dark, which only frustrated her even more.

A honk brought her back to reality. The light had turned green.

"Fuck..." She whispered, quickly driving away. What was happening to her? Maybe she wasn't as sober as she thought. She needed to focus. Getting into an accident right now was probably the worst way to end this crazy night.

Stealing one last glance, she accelerated to her destination, forcing her eyes not to give in to any temptation of straying away from the road.

Ten laborious and extremely long minutes later, she finally arrived, not without releasing a long and overdue sigh. She was alive. 

She now only needed to get Lisa to her apartment.

But although the thought had successfully reached her conscience, her body wouldn't move. She didn't know how long she stayed like that, seated in the dark, in complete silence, before at last allowing herself to do what she had physically craved to do during the whole ride.

Slowly turning her head to her right for the umpteenth time, her eyes eventually landed on the girl laying next to her. She still couldn't see well, but this time didn't hesitate to help herself by turning on the light inside her car.

Lisa hadn't moved an inch, and Jennie almost wondered if she was dead for a second, before noticing the steady rhythm of her torso moving up and down.

The first thing she noticed when observing the Thai girl was how small she seemed, all nestled in the seat. Kind of like a cat.

And it suddenly appeared to her like an evidence. Lisa actually looked like a cat, her whole being emitted feline vibes. From the way her right arm was laying on her knees, hiding the bottom part of her mouth, to the shape formed by her closed eyes, making her look so innocent, so...

"Mmmh..."

The brunette almost had a heart attack. Lisa had let out the softest whimper, and whatever sort of trance she was in her a second ago, completely left her body. She forcefully shook her head, remembering her purpose.