Chapter 31

"What are you doing here." Asked Lisa, her eyebrows almost reaching her hairline. Jennie was probably the last person she expected to stand on her doorstep and yet here she was. In the flesh.

"To be honest, I'm not completely sure myself..." Hesitantly responded the brunette, not even making eye contact.

The Thai girl paused, still dumbfounded. An uncomfortable silence washed over them and the more it lasted, the more Lisa's face was scrunching up from confusion. After what felt like hours to her, she finally decided to take the initiative.

"Well, if it's for you to just stand there and not say anything," she claimed, locking her apartment, "I hope you don't mind if I leave you and my door alone with each other. I, on the other hand, have somewhere else to g-"

"Why did you give up?" Hurried Jennie before the taller girl could even take a step.

The latter grimaced, clearly not wanting to have this conversation. Especially not with that specific person.

"What, are you complaining now?"

"No, but I want to understand."

"There is nothing to understand. I got bored and decided to let go. That's what I do."

"I know that." Jennie crossed her arms, this time confidently letting her eyes meet the Lisa's piercing ones. "But I wouldn't be standing in front of you if that was the case here."

"Very well Sherlock Holmes!" Loudly sighed the Thai girl, whose patience was definitely being put to the test. "Then how about you make your own little conclusions alone and let me leave and have fun by myself?"

"Where do you plan on going?" Simply asked the brunette, not budging at all.

"Why, are you going to follow me?" Lisa's tone was almost hitting exasperation at this point.

"What if I say yes?"

The dark blonde haired girl blinked out of confusion. She paused for an instant and looked deeply into the smaller girl's eyes. No, that woman was not kidding.

"You seem very interested in my life for someone who literally just told me yesterday to go fuck myself and never talk to you again. Do you suffer of some sort of dissociative identity disorder by any chance?"

It was meant as a joke. At this point, Lisa was just trying to get Jennie to react to the teasing to at least make this confrontation a little less boring than it already was. But the latter didn't seem to want to take part in this camaraderie.

"No, I just want to underst-"

"Okay we're done here." Interrupted Lisa as she delicately slipped away from Jennie, making sure to not even touch her, and casually headed to the metro station. That girl was just a pain in the ass, she thought, and whatever were her reasons for coming here, Lisa had better ones for leavin-

"I'll pose for you!" Suddenly declared Jennie in an almost desperate voice, making the Thai girl freeze and then slowly turn around.

"Is that what you want to hear?" She continued, her cheeks heating up. "Then there you go I said it! Now please tell me the exact reasons that made you give up when you were just about to be elected."

"Oh my God, I can't believe it!" Almost laughed Lisa, completely astounded. "Do you think this is what all of this is about? That I'm actually not telling you for you to accept to pose for me?"

"Isn't it the case? A condition for a condition, right? Isn't that how you always work?" Jennie simply said.

"What? No! I mean- uggh..." Groaned the taller girl, bringing her hands to her face in frustration. The tension was quickly rising, threatening to explode at any moment. "See?! This is exactly what I was trying to avoid! Why don't you just take the fucking win and leave me alon-"