Chapter 21

"I, Lisa Manoban, decide to take part in the elections."

Astonishment, anger, hilarity, confusion. It was as if Jennie's brain didn't know what emotion to choose anymore, so it had just decided to feel them all. She slowly turned her head back to finally have the confirmation of what she thought might have been an hallucination. But the Thai girl was indeed standing up, a coy smile on her face, in the middle of a crowd almost as confused as her. 

After a moment, she lowered her gaze, noticing Jisoo and Chaeyoung looking at their friend as if she had just announced them she was the reborn Jesus. Apparently, Lisa hadn't warned the girls either.

Oh well, maybe it was a joke, she thought, relief washing over her. After all, her French partner was typically the kind of person who would put up stupid pranks like tha-

This self-reassurance was immediately smashed as she saw the said 'jokester' heading onstage and placing herself next to the other candidates.

At this point, Jennie couldn't help but look at everyone else around, to be sure she wasn't the only one who found this scene completely and utterly ridiculous. But besides the general surprise of the crowd, no one protested. Even Taehyung, who had shown an impressively wide open mouth, had quickly recomposed himself and was now standing as serious as ever.

Even her uncle, who had raised his eyebrows at the situation, only shrugged his shoulders and approached the podium once again.

"Very well, now that the candidates have announced themselves, it is time for the elections to finally start. A messenger will pass into every class tomorrow at 8:30 to explain the campaign's procedure. I have nothing else to add, so I wish you a good day and good luck to everyone."

—————————————

10:30

It had been fifteen minutes since the ceremony had ended and the mass of students was slowly dispersing itself. Classes would only start in the afternoon today, leaving everyone free to do whatever they wanted until then.

After what felt like an eternity of intense research, Jisoo and Chaeyoung finally spotted Lisa, casually making conversation with other students. It didn't take long to the two girls to grab the Thai girl's arm and drag her out of the group she was in.

"Oow, I know I'm now somewhat of a politician, but that doesn't mean I need you guys as my bodyguards." Lisa whined, rubbing her sore arm as her friends finally stopped walking and were now facing her.

"YOU LITTLE-"

"Calm down Chae." Jisoo cut her friend off, taking the mediator's role for the first time. "It is useless to get angry, this hard headed needs to listen to our advices for once."

"I actually would prefer to listen to Chaeyoung insulting me than hearing even one of your advices Chicken." Lisa smiled, mockingly.

"YOU LITTLE-"Started Jisoo.

"Okay stop!" Exclaimed the pink-haired girl who had regained her composure. "Lisa, tell me this is a joke."

"I could tell you that, but it would be a lie." Softly answered the Thai girl.

The taller girl sighed.

"Okay, then now tell me you have at least have a good reason to want to become president." She tried again.

"Of course! I wouldn't have done it if I didn't have any. Being the Student Council president is such a huge and honorable post, applying for it without valid motives and ideals behind would just be extremely stupid."

Relief washed over the other girl as she heard those words. But Jisoo, who had also calmed down, didn't seem satisfied with this answer.

"So what are your reasons then?" She asked, suspiscious.