Chapter 38

"Yawwn!" Lisa opened her mouth so widely it could have probably swallowed an entire elephant. She painfully got up, rubbing the back of her neck that was sore from too much editing. Stretching a little bit, she looked around her.

It had been two hours since she was working on the photos taken during the photoshoot and the sky was already dark outside.

"Maybe I should sleep here." She thought, admiring the city from the studio. The moving team had to arrive tomorrow morning, she could definitely ask for a ride and spare herself money from taking a taxi.

Plus, she didn't feel like going home. With the set and all the props, the studio still kept her creative juices flowing, and made her want to work until complete exhaustion. She had the feeling that leaving would just fill her with a sense of emptiness that she didn't really want to experience for now.

She wasn't delusional, she knew the photo shoot would have had to come to an end, but she had so much fun she didn't want to let go for the moment. 

Even though Jennie's absence had already given her a little taste of this adventure's conclusion.

The Thai girl paused for a moment, her thought drifting to her model. The girl had been good, very good even. Lisa couldn't have asked for someone better to pose for her. The photos were already beautiful without any editing; who knew how much more amazing they were going to be after. She chuckled. If that wouldn't get her the highest grade, she didn't know what would.

One thing still slightly bothered her though, and Lisa immediately knot her eyebrows when it came to her mind.

The close-up shots. What the hell had happened then?

From the start to to end, it was as if both girls had been forced into an empty void, as if the set itself had become their reality. A closed-up, completely white world with only her, Jennie, and a simple mask.

And yet, somehow, as peaceful as it should have appear, she had immediately felt uncomfortable. Out of place.

And that tension had reached its peak when both of them had just sat down in front of each other .

She clearly remembered sensing Jennie internally freaking out by their sudden closeness, but it was only expected. However, it was the moment after that, when she took notice of the latter's accelerated breathing, that still left her confused, to not say completely lost.

She couldn't even put it into words very well; it was as if, when she raised her head and met the brunette's gaze, her eyes had witnessed something ethereal yet absolutely terrifying. And immediate sense of alarm had taken over her, making her body her body shudder.

Taking those biological signs as a cue for the evidently dangerous position she was in, it didn't take her long to violently jump away.

Mentally replaying back the scene as a whole, Lisa must have probably looked like a kid seeing fire for the first time. Completely hypnotized at first, and scarred after trying to touch it.

She sighed deeply, conflicted. Whatever had happened was taking way too much space on her mind and it wasn't worth it, compared to her art project. So, finally making up her decision, she did what she did best in those types of situations, and let go.

After all, if this thing that had happened really was that important, it would eventually come back, right?

—————————————

"What?!" Jennie and Taehyung exclaimed at the same time.

"You heard me." Harshly declared Mr. Kim. "I've been talking to her teachers as well as the elections' mediator and organizers. They detailed everything they could about her personality, overall attitude. And I don't like it. She doesn't seem like a simple troublemaker; she inspires others to follow her but acts herself very fickly. For example, she was sure to win after Taehyung announced her retired, so why did she also quit? Son, you said she was a close friend. Explain."