Chapter 9

14:15

Fifteen minutes had passed since Jennie had been locked in this prison that was the gym room, with her cell partner that was Lisa Manoban. Speaking of which, the other girl hadn't moved at all this whole time; Jennie knew it because she had purposely sat five rows behind her. She needed at least to know where she was. Who knew if Lisa had bluffed and was actually waiting for the right moment to get away?

Secretly, she wished the Thai girl had a plan to escape as well. After all, if this girl was the type to do whatever she wanted, why could she just not go away? Did she have some sense of honor toward her friends? For the first time, she found herself hoping Lisa would be more like....Lisa.

She sighed loudly. Jennie was the perfect opposite of someone patient. And it wasn't difficult to see that side of her right now. She was sitting straight, arms and legs crossed, quickly tapping her foot on the floor. She looked at her watch.

14:17

Alright, that was it. Jennie suddenly got up, and went downstairs. She stood up in front of the bench occupied by Lisa, who didn't even bother to look up.

"Manoban," she started, "this has lasted long enough. I propose a deal, give me your phone and let me call someone to get us out of here and I promise I will leave you alone. As long as you respect the rules I set last night of course."

Lisa didn't answer right away, but let out a small sigh.

"Sorry but even if I wanted to, I can't do it. I don't have a phone."

"Don't mock me," continued Jennie, "how would you not have a phone?"

"Well," Lisa crossed gaze with the brunette, "let's say I wanted to make sure I was completely by myself. I was actually going to buy a new one here in Seoul. Timing sucks huh?"

Ignoring the last comment, Jennie found herself confused. What did Lisa mean by her making sure she was completely by herself? A series of questions started to pop in her head, but she didn't say anything. It's not like she really cared anyway.

Cursing silently, she went back up to her spot and tried to do what she had been doing from the beginning: waiting without completely loosing it.

14:25

Jennie might had a brilliant mind, but after almost ten minutes of intense thinking, she still couldn't get to any solution. She really was condemned to stay here until Jisoo said otherwise. And the thought of it was almost unbearable.

She once more took a look at the other human being present here, who, despite being in the same situation as her, didn't seem even slightly bothered by it. Lisa had her book and belongings with her, but that didn't change the fact that she was trapped. This fact alone should at least make her a little bit discontented.

But no, Manoban was as relaxed as ever. And paradoxically, to see her that serene increased Jennie's irritability. And she suddenly decided that, if she was having a bad time, the Thai girl would too. She quickly began to think of what stingy comment she could throw at her.

But unfortunately, right now, Jennie's sense of repartee was as empty as the gym field they were in, and all that could come out of her mouth was:

"So you can read huh."

Silence.

Lisa looked at her, and let out a small smile.

"Jeez, your insults are as inspired as you seem bored, you know that?"

"Shut up."

"Alright." The Thai girl smiled once again and went back to read.

14:30