Chapter 5

22:00

"Ichiro's Malt The Game?!" Gasped Kai as Jeongyeon entered his house, holding the bottle proudly. "How did you managed to get us something like that?"

"I guess that means I'm taking the lead for now," she stated confidently.

"Well, I don't even think it would be necessary to search any further," said Kai as Jeongyeon passed by him, heading to the kitchen, "You definitely won for tonight."

As she was searching for an opener. A familiar voice spoke behind her.

"Impressive. I see you didn't lie when you told us we would be surprised tonight. Are you sure your parents won't go mad when they see that this bottle is missing?"

Turning to face her interlocutor, she smiled, as she held her bottle tighter against her chest.

"Don't worry about that, my parents will never drink it. They brought it back from their trip to Japan, just to show it to their friends. I'll just have to fill it with tea and put it back when I'm done drinking it." Jeongyeon said, making the V with her hand, as if she just had had genius idea.

"Because you plan to finish it by yourself?"

"Jennie, that bottle costs more than a room in the student's dormitory. There is no way, I'm sharing this with anybody."

23:00

The bottle was almost half empty when Jeongyeon began to loose her balance. She felt a little dizzy, and irritated. Why was the living room so crowded when the house was as big as a castle?

The party was getting more and more wild. People were mostly just talking and a few were already dancing, while others were playing drinking games outside. Kai had promised his guests a DJ; he said he would come at around 1:00, but Jeongyeon couldn't wait that long. She wanted to dance and she was going to do it now, as if the DJ was already here.

She got up from her seat, her precious bottle still securely wrapped around her hand, and headed for the middle of the living room. On her way, she crossed path with Jennie, who was talking with Hwasa. Without stopping, she waved at her, an almost dumb smile plastered on her face. The smaller girl waved back, amused. Damn, did Jeongyeon look that drunk already?

Not paying to much attention, she continued walking through the crowd and had almost arrived to her destination when-

*Thud*

"Jesus christ! Who the fuck did bump into me?!"

The whole room when silent.

A big circle began to form around Jeongyeon and the other girl. The latter looked up from her shirt stained with her own drink, and widened her eyes in anger. Jeongyeon recognized her: Nayeon, the girl Jennie kicked out of the cheerleader's team, using her influence on the sport's council. To this day, both hated each other. But Nayeon, even kicked out, had still remained pretty popular, and that mostly due to her wealth. So it was therefore no surprise to see she was here.

"Oh look! It's Jeongyeon, one of Jennie Kim's faithful servants." Naeyeon spoked almost theatrically, keeping everyone's attention. "Are you lost without your mistress?"

Normally, Jeongyeon wouldn't say no to any fight or clash, especially with her friend's enemy who was, by the rule, her enemy as well. But because of the alcohol and the heavy looks on her, she couldn't find her words. She looked around. Irene was about to intervene at any moment, but no sign of Jennie. Weird.  The silence became more and more uncomfortable. She was about to leave when-

"Wait, that's it?! Is that what fights look like in Korea? Well, that's disappointing."

...

Everyone turned in the direction of the voice's owner, who was comfortably sat on a piece of furniture, next to the chimney. After a few awkward seconds, the person got up and joined the two girls in the middle of the circle, standing next to Naeyon and facing Jeongyeon.

"And who the fuck are you?" asked Jeongyeon, who had recovered a little bit of courage now that she wasn't in a position of weakness anymore. Whoever that girl was, she had now to justify her actions if she didn't want to end up humiliating herself in front of the other students, who hadn't stopped looking at her.

"Oh sorry. Lisa Manoban. Coming to your rescue," the girl curtsied. She turned to the crowd. "Isn't it kind of paradoxical that it is this girl..., what's her name by the way?"

"...Nayeon," answered Jeongyeon, curious about where this was going.

"Nayeon? Interesting..." smiled Lisa."Anyway, isn't it kind of paradoxical that it is Nayeon, with a dirty shirt and a squeaky voice, the one being confident ?"

And a few people chuckled of surprise and Jeongyeon found herself smiling.

"Excuse me what the fuck?" Snapped Nayeon. "Do you have any idea who you're talking too?"

"I wish I didn't sweetheart,"sighed loudly Lisa, "who doesn't know the sad story of the ex-cheerleader's captain, who is, at this day, still looking for revenge and a form of recognition?"

She was using the same dramatic tone as Nayeon's when she had spoken to Jeongyeon, almost mimicking her, causing more than just chuckles from the crowd this time.

As she finished talking, Lisa was walking towards Jeongyeon. When she was close enough, she passed her arm around her shoulders, and spoke calmly, her words directed to the girl.

"Don't you think this would be the perfect moment to give her a chance to learn one more lesson?" Asked the Thai girl. "Like a Don't insult the people who only gave you what you deserved type of lesson?"

"Wow," said Jeongyeon. She took a huge sip of her bottle and that was the moment. "You! I don't know you, but you're very right. Imma put a bitch back in her place, and that will be my good deed for tonight!" She was getting more and more excited and started heading toward Nayeon.

"That's the spirit! Go get her!" Cheered Lisa, patting the girl's back. And that were the last words Jeongyeon heard before she charged at an angry Nayeon.

She just hadn't realized something: her bottle was gone.

—————————————

Everything went wild.

But the crowd's screams and the fight had drawn Kai's attention, who managed to come inside and separate the two gladiators a few minutes after their combat had started.

"Everyone scatter! There's nothing to see anymore!" He yelled. "Shit," he sighed as he helped Jeongyeon sit down. "I never knew you were the fighting type of drunk.  And where the fuck is Jennie?"

—————————————

Jennie had seen everything.

"That's the spirit! Go get her!"

Unlike everyone else whose attention had drifted on Jeongyeon, Jennie eyes hadn't left the girl who had called herself Lisa a few minutes earlier. So that was her name, she had thought. She hadn't forgotten the girl's voice, nor her attitude.

When Jeongyeon jumped on Nayeon, the circle had suddenly gotten smaller, due to the crowd's excitement. And that was the moment she saw that Lisa girl disappear. She immediately moved back and caught her again peacefully walking back from the show, heading upstairs.

She had to be quick and choose. Go help Jeongyeon, or follow the culprit for her friend's mess? As the time passed, she began to feel more and more helpless. God, why was she even hesitating when her friend was in a fight a few meters from her? She shouldn't even think about that girl. Yes, that was it, Jeongyeon needed her and that was all that mattered.

So she took a deep breath and started running.

To the stairs.