Chapter 14

6:30

Jennie immediately got up. She had slept pretty badly, if badly meant awful, but she couldn't be tired; this was not the moment to show any laziness in any kind of way. As she prepared to shower, she set the water temperature for it to be as cold as possible. She hated to be cold, but she needed her mind to be clear and fresh for what was about to come, and how she was going to operate.

As the water ran on her body, she mentally recapitulated the situation. Nayeon had gotten her hands on Taehyung, without her noticing, and was now in an official relationship with the boy. The thought of that only added to her anger, and she washed her hair forcefully. She tried to think about the consequences of this whole mess. After a few minutes numbering them, she loudly groaned. What was she going to do now?

"Think Jennie, think!" She told herself as she hopped out of the shower.

She felt herself become uneasy, suddenly not wanting to go to school today. Going to her Law and Economics class, then forcing herself to be social during lunch, getting severely tortured in Financial, and then...

She stopped for a second, not wanting to finish her train of thoughts. But it was too late, and she couldn't help but sigh to the perspective of having to face her French class' partner again. Things hadn't ended well yesterday, and as much as she hated to admit it, it had been partially her fault. She had acted rudely it was true, but to her defense, the Thai girl hadn't been very patient either, leaving after only five minutes.

"Tsk, that girl I swear." She grumbled. "First Nayeon, then Manoban, what is up with those two messing with my lif-"

She gasped as a sudden realization fell upon her and brought her hand to her mouth. Manoban and Nayeon. Nayeon and Manoban.

"Of course..." She muttered, her eyes wide open.

There it was. She finally had a plan.

—————————————

12:15

"Hey girls, how are you?" Taehyung greeted as he sat down.

"Heeey man, I'm fine, how about you-" Started Lisa as she was about to bump his fist.

"Taehyung."

Jisoo had stood up very slowly, her voice low and serious.

"Y-yeah, Jisoo what is the matter?" The boy hesitantly responded.

The table was absolutely silent as everyone had their eyes fixed on the small girl. Lisa was about to make a snarky comment until she saw her friend suddenly smiling widely and excitedly as she leaned near Taehyung.

"Tell. Me. Everything." She had made a huge effort not to scream but still looked completely insane. "About you and Nayeon. Like, what, how, when for God's sake?"

The tension suddenly disappeared as everyone heard her question. Chaeyoung sighed lightly, bringing her hand to her face, Mina smiled a little bit and Lisa lazily rolled her eyes. As for the one whose question had been asked to, he simply chuckled.

"Damn, you scared me for a second." He lightly laughed. "Well, I don't really know what to tell you, we've been dating for 3 days only, so-"

"Okay," cut off Jisoo excitedly, "but how did you meet? I didn't know you even knew each other!"

"Oh that? Well, it's a funny story actually. It was on the second day of school. I was in my dad's office, waiting for him to give me a ride back home since my car was still at Kai's house from the party on the day before. He was in a reunion and was about to come soon when I heard someone knocking at the door. I'm guessing you know who it was. She was here to complain about the assault with Jeongyeon, but then we talked, and she decided she would drop the case if I took her on a date" He scratched the back of his head, and shyly smiled.