Chapter 34

Everything had happened very fast. Too fast. The pig who had just been hit was now laying on the floor, his hand covering his nose. Loudly whining because of the evident pain, he couldn't slop rolling over and over on his back.

But his offender apparently wasn't done, because as soon as he sent his victim flying away, he began walking toward him, a completely emotionless expression on his face.

Jennie couldn't move, torn between calling the police or simply running away. Her breathing quickened when the tall man was now standing up, looking down on his target with eyes that betrayed disgust. Still silent, he slowly lifted his leg, ready to resume his beating when a voice suddenly interrupted him.

"Lamon. Let him go."

Jennie blinked at those words. Suddenly realizing the situation and the identity of the huge man, she turned her head to the voice who had just spoken. 

Lisa hadn't moved at all during the whole assault, simply standing straight, unimpressed and even a little bit annoyed. And to the brunette's surprise, the tall man immediately granted the Thai girl's request and stopped his movement.

"No." She thought, correcting herself. "This wasn't a request. It was an order."

A minute passed during which the man lying on the ground hurriedly got on his feet and ran away without complaining. Lamon, who had been facing Lisa, slowly approached her, and the latter stopped looking at him as she turned her head to Jennie, hinting at her to come closer.

The brunette hesitated at first but finally decided to imitate Lamon and started making her way to the Thai girl.

"Master."

Jennie immediately interrupted her walking, eyes widening and mouth agape. The man, who had just spoken and was now only two meters away from Lisa, followed his words with a deep bow. And as for the latter, she didn't seem one bit surprised by the sudden show of submission, simply nodding. Impassive.

The brunette finally regained control on her motor skills and resumed her walking, this time way faster.

"Lamon." She heard Lisa saying. "Tell me this wasn't your idea."

"Master." The man hadn't straightened up and was now nervously staring at the ground. "I merely gave my opini-"

"Master?!" Jennie interrupted when she was near enough. "Manoban, what the fuck does that mean?"

Her voice visibly took both Lamon and Lisa by surprise as she saw them jump a little bit. But neither of them answered. The taller girl in particular, seemed to make a great effort in not sparing her a glance, appearing now a little uncomfortable. Jennie frowned for a moment, but she didn't have time to say anything more as she felt a murderous gaze laying upon her.

"You..." Lamon looked threatening, and she suddenly found herself regretting every single decision she had made within the past hours. She was terrified, and slowly took a step backward. "How dare you talk to Master Lalis-"

"Enough!" Lisa's voice had risen up, much more menacing, and the man quickly bowed again, under the astounded look of her French partner.

"Jennie." The Thai girl spoke again. "This is Lamon. My family's most loyal butler. We'll talk about it later, but for now, I need you to stay silent." She turned her head, finally looking into the brunette's eyes. "Please."

Silence washed over the three, and it was only after another long minute that Lamon decided to talk again.

"Master." He timidly voiced out. "I know you don't want me to be here..."

"You're right. I don't."

"But I thought it would be safer if you had at least someone to watch over you-"