Chapter 35

Today was Thursday. 12:15. Lunch time.

The sun was still warm enough for the students to eat outside. However, Fall was already here, pointing its nose and dropping hints of its venue by sending a cool wind passing through the campus.

Lisa shivered. A thick jacket would apparently be needed from now on. This was new, she thought. Having lived her whole life trapped under the burning sun of Bangkok, this temperature drop was definitely something that would take some practice in adapting. And it was only the beginning. Winter had yet to come, and with it, even colder weather and eventually snow.

Just thinking about this immediately sent another wave of goosebumps all over the Thai's body. Something told her she wasn't going to particularly enjoy all of th-.

"Yo bitch! Are you even listening to us?" A voice suddenly broke her train of thoughts. Jisoo's.

"Huh? Sorry what did you say?" She robotically asked, as she involuntarily ignored her friend.

"I said 'Yo bitch! Are you even listening to us?'"

"That wasn't what I was asking for."

"Oh." Jisoo let out. "Well, I was asking you, Mina and Chaeyoung if you all wanted to go out tomorrow night."

"No thanks. I have a thing on Saturday and can't afford to be hangover or even a little bit tired."

"What?! But since wh-"

"Jisoo calm down." Interrupted Mina, now looking at Lisa with concern in her eyes. "Lisa are you sure you're okay?" She softly asked, resting her hand on top of the other girl's one.

"Yeah, you never told us about this thing. Does it have to do with what happened last weekend?" Joined Chaeyoung.

"Guys. Everything is fine, really. It's just for my art project." Lisa gently laughed, easing the atmosphere. 

Since the events of last Friday, and her total disappearance during the following weekend, she had received a fairly important amount of concerns and interrogations. Apparently, the dark blonde definitely hadn't made a good job at keeping a neutral face at the final round of the elections, when she announced her decision to retire. Even Jisoo, who had never been the most expressive person in terms of affection, hadn't tried to bash or mock Lisa when she saw her on Monday, simply asking her how she was doing.

And that question, as simple as it was, had put the girl into a deep state of reflection. It was pertinent after all.

How was she doing?

The more Lisa thought about it, the more often she came to the conclusion she was actually doing fine, which really surprised her. Last Saturday had been emotionally challenging, and waking up the following day with a huge headache hadn't really helped her see any positive thing that had come out of that day. 

But as time passed, clearing up her mind in the process, she oddly found herself feeling relieved. It might have been because Lamon was gone and her family finally had left her alone, but there was no doubt it had also to do with her last conversation with Jennie.

"You think that you are influenced by your parents' education? Well guess what? You are. But you're also your own person. Or else you wouldn't be sitting here, and certainly would not be having all of those troubles inside your head. Whether you were born like that or not doesn't matter anymore. Use your weapons to fight your parents if you really think they're so evil. Because running away from who you are is just as dumb as submitting yourself to them."

The brunette was't right, but she also wasn't wrong. Actually she might have been both right and wrong. Lisa didn't know, but for once, she actually felt like she didn't need to know. At least not for now. With everything getting back to normal, there was no use in dwelling over the question as it would only ruin her adventure. She wasn't running away nor trying to avoid the matter. There would be a time where she would eventually need to get her answers and fully confront her problems. This time just wasn't now.