Chapter 8

13:00

8h-10h : Law and economics

10h-12h : French

12h-14h : Lunch break

14h-16h : Finances

Jennie looked at her schedule, and then at her watch, and then back at her schedule, and one last time at her watch. She sighed. One hour left of freedom before she had to go back torture herself in Financial class...She hated it. Law and economics classes were tolerable, to a certain extent at least, but afternoon hours were really not synonym of a happy time for her.

But she had to do it. She had to force herself. She needed those classes, as terrible as they were, to achieve her goals and succeed in life. Those years of labor were necessary, she would tell  herself when she felt like giving up.

She had let herself have only one subject, out of the three chosen, for her own pleasure: French. She couldn't really tell why she loved it. The teacher was okay (weird accent but okay), but not incredible, and she didn't particularly enjoy the language's spelling and grammar that were difficult and a complete nonsense sometimes. Maybe it was just the way it sounded, maybe it was the whole history behind every word of it, maybe it was its genius authors, she didn't know. But she loved it, and that feeling was all that mattered since it was because of it that she hadn't purely and simply quit college yet.

13:15

Before Jennie could let another sigh. She felt a small push on her shoulder. Hwasa, who was eating next to her was gently nudging her, pulling her out of her thoughts.

"Hey you okay?" She asked concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine, just thinking." The brunette answered flatly.

"You're thinking about that Jisoo girl aren't you? You went pretty hard on her. Feeling remorseful?" Hwasa let out a small smile.

"What? No, of course not. She got what she deserved. And I wasn't thinking about her at all."

That was a lie.

After calling the janitors to tell them she saw beg bugs in Jisoo's room. Jennie found herself thinking more about what she had done. She didn't have any remorse, but she felt like she had went overboard, like she had just acted on pure impulse and that maybe things would have been different if she had taken more time to think about it. And that had never happened before. Jennie, despite being cruel, always considered every decision she took. Every "punishment" she gave was never too much or not enough in her eyes. She just did what she needed to do.

But it was different this time, and she couldn't quite comprehend it yet. It wasn't the things Jisoo told her that provoked so much angerin her; she wasn't the first person to try to say Jennie's methods weren't okay, and the brunette never cared for those comments anyway. But looking at the context in which she said those words, Jennie found herself more annoyed. The fact that such an irrelevant student had had the courage to question her, not to protect herself but another person was almost surreal to her. But it would have stayed there if that person Jisoo was protecting hadn't been none other that Lisa Manoban. There. Jennie had finally found her answer. It was Manoban's effect that made her feel like she did and act more cruelly than usually. But she couldn't help it, for some reason, everything related to the Thai girl made her loose her self control.

She needed to calm down. And enjoy the rest of her lunch with her friends. Speaking of which, one of them, Irene, having heard the conversation, didn't seem to want it to end.

"Well personally, out of the two, I would be thinking more about Lisa."

"What do you mean." Asked Jennie suspiciously. She wasn't sure if she wanted to know more. The way Irene had just said that, sighing with a smile, didn't please her.