Chapter 25

Lisa looked at the results in stupefaction.

1. Taehyung Kim: 47.11%

2. Jimin Park: 26.2%

3. Dahyun Kim: 13.5%

4. Lisa Manoban: 8.1%

5. Baekhyun Byun: 5.09%

"Holy shit..." She muttered under her breath, bringing her hand to cover her mouth. There were quite a lot of students pushing each other to access the poster hung at the entrance of her Philosophy class, and a few of them turned their head in her direction, nodding at her, impressed.

The Thai girl didn't have the time to smile as she suddenly felt someone hugging her from behind.

"I knew you would pass!" The person said, sounding relieved and happy, and Lisa instantly recognized her friend's voice.

"Mina," she told her as she turned around, facing her classmate, "what the hell happened." Lisa smiled in her confusion still not realizing she was indeed qualified for the next round. She had tried to keep her hopes up, but in vain as she was sure her fate had been sealed as soon as this Student Record things had entered the game.

Mina looked at her for a second, and squinted her eyes. She then took the Thai girl's hand and dragged her out of the crowd and to their seats in the classroom.

"You seem more shocked than you should." She finally said as they both sat down. "Wait, didn't you read the candidates' Student Record?"

"No?" Answered Lisa hesitantly. "I told you it didn't interest me."

"Yes, but still, I thought you had at least taken a small peak at it." Mina said in confusion. She immediately searched in her bag and took out the folder they were talking about. "Look."

Lisa, now curious, opened the document and went to the page concerning her. She didn't need to look at her grades as she already knew they were all almost perfect. Her eyes searched for the comment section and she started to read.

Philosophy:

"Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people."

― Socrates

I won't be part of the last group of people because behind Ms. Manoban's display of a rebellious and sometime insolent behavior, she hides a very sharp and interesting way of thinking. Philosophy is a constant process of innovation and questioning and she is doing a great job at it. Once her temperament will settle and she'll grow more, I can only expect her to become someone great in a world still corrupt by dogmatism and obscurantism.

Lisa opened her eyes widely at the comment. She didn't really know what to say. She wasn't necessary in total agreement with what her professor had written but could only feel thankful for fact that he went past simply judging her on her behavior and didn't drag her down for it. She continued her reading.

French:

Although she could try to participate more in class instead of sleeping or disturbing it by talking with her classmate, Ms. Manoban shows a rare sensitivity towards the French language, which could be considered a waste of talent in my opinion.

She sighed and smiled reading her French teacher's note.

"Well, that could have been worse," she thought, "at least she said I had talent."

She thought about how hard it must have been for her to write this semi-compliment and a laugh escaped her lips.

The last comment section, the one concerning Photography, was completely empty and that didn't surprise Lisa since she had made sure not to interact with her teacher, wanting her art project to literally be the reason of their first meeting. She had taken her instructions very seriously and had the feeling asking her questions or even simply talking to her would play as a disadvantage.