chapter 73

It's may. The first day of may. We are at school. I'm sitting in history.
"Hey." Eric says from beside me. I ignore him as always. Ever since the mall conversation, he'd say something, I'd get mad and then we'd have an argument but for the past month I was avoiding him. Kinda hard when he is in some of my classes.
"What did you want Eric. " I say quiet enough for him ti hear but not the teacher.
"Just to talk. " I scoff.
"That's a lie. " I say still not looking at him.
"No it's not. Meet me in the gym after school. I really just wanna talk. " I finally look at him. I nod.
The bell rings. I grab my bag and head out to see coach. I was allowed ti ay softball this season. I knock.
"Come in. "I open the door and she looks up.
" Ah. Miss Gonzales. Take a seat. "I sit in a chair and cross my legs.
" So I called you in here today because I want to tell you something important. "
"What is it? "
"I know you get accepted to Duke and that you plan on going there this fall, correct. " I nod.
"Ok, I want to enter you in for the sports scholarship we give out at the end of the year. I understand they didn't grant you a full scholarship. And if you win this one you can use it at any school of your Choosing. This is a full ride so you will have ti pay no expenses for all four years. " My eyes widen.
"What what are you entering me in? "
"It's a drawing. Each coach gets to choose 3 if their best players by certain requirements. Only the coaches know these requirements. I want ti enter you in this drawing we inky pull two names though. There will be 12  students since there are four coaches. I am entering you for volleyball. You are one if my best players. "She looked at me.
" Ok.  Wow. Um I don't know what to say. "
"Just say that when you play at Duke these next four years, that you'll p lay your hardest. "
"I will. Thanks coach. "
"Your welcome. " She says as I stand.
"Now get out of my office! " She shouts.
"Your my favorite coach! " I yell back as I walk down the Hall.  I smile. I will miss high school I have so many memories here. I have 30 days of high school left. I look down as I walk the rest of the way to lunch. I skip grabbing lunch and sit at the spot next ti Taliya. She's the only one here.
"Hey. ¿Dónde está todo el mundo?"
"Getting lunch, like you should be. "
"I'm not hungry. "
"Why."
"Because school is ending and I don't want it to. " I mumble.
"Honestly, me neither. " She says.
"I don't think anyone does. " I say.
"This sucks. I never thought I was ever gunna miss this place. "
"I know. "
"What are we talkin about. " Jess says.
"Nothing." We say as everyone comes and sits around the table.
"So has coach talked to you? " Taliya asked.
"Yea why? "
"Cause my coach put me in also. I figured you would to because your the schools best volleyball player. "
"What are you guys talking about? " Sam asked.
"12 of the schools top athletes are going entered into a drawing. " Taliya starts.
All 4 coaches get to choose 3 of their  players that meet the requirements. "I say.
" At the end of the year they will choose 2 names. "
"To win a full scholarship to any school of their crossing. " I finish.
"Wait. How do you know if you got out in? " Blake asked.
"Your coach will talk to you sometime this week. " I say as I steal some of his fries.
"You got entered? " He asked. Me and Taliya nodded our heads.
"Yea she did. " We both say and point to each other.
"So you both git entered? "
"Yes."
"I don't get ti though,  how did you get entered? Cheer leading isn't a sport. " Sam say and makes a face.
"I'd like to see you cheer. " I say.
"You can't say nothing. You haven't done that. " He retorts.
"Taliya made me try one of their simplistic routines, and I failed bad. I'm a athlete and I failed at cheer leading. That's saying something. " They all snicker Taliya outright dies from laughter.
"Yea laugh it up. " I tell her. She stops after a minute. Then starts again.
"You should've seen her face though. I mean after she fell in it. " I groan and get up. I walk into the cafeteria and get in line. While I'm in line I spot someone, someone who doesn't go here anymore. Why the hell is she here. And she walking straight at me. I get out if line and walk towards her. She stops when I get to her.
"What are you doing here? "I ask.
" You know. I just came to see Blake. Seems like you two made up. "
'Give it up. He doesn't want you. "
"Well he doesn't want you. We all know that. "
"Whose we all, I'd like to know. "
"Just listen, and listen good. Stay away from him. He's mine. "
"He's yours. " I start to laugh. Then I feel a sting on my left cheek. The bitch slapped me. I look at her. She's smirking like she just won. I try to hold myself back but she just keeps smirking. The key word is try. I punch her. Her head flies back the she comes at me. You see, I won't get in trouble for this fight because she's trespassing. I'll just get detention for the fight. As shell get arrested. This bitch can fight though. Giana is on top of me trying to scratch my face. I slap her a couple times and I know this is a low blow but I yank her hair and she falls over. I'm on top of her now. Suddenly I get pulled off. There's a crowd and Mr. Gomez is standing there with a red face.
"Take them to the office. " He booms. And I'm dragged ti the office.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This bitch has to pay a small fine while I'm suspended for two days. I walk no i storm out of his office and slam the doors open. Everyone is standing outside. I walk past them to my locker. I slam open my locker and grab my shit. Then I slam it shut. I slide down the lockers and put my head on my knees.
"What's wrong? " Alyssa asks.
"I'm such a fuck up " I groan into my knees.
"No your not. You're just loca. " Brandon says. Blake chuckles.
"Yep. Completely insane. " He laughs.
"Blake! " Giana comes down the hallway. My head shoots up so fast I hit it on the lockers
"Fuck " I groan. They laugh.
"What do you want? " Blake asks her. I stand up I pick up my bag and sling it over my shoulder.
"I'm leaving 'I said. Blake grabs me and kisses me. I'm so shocked I pull back I peck his lips and walk away. I wink at giana, whose face is all red. What a great way to start the last month of school.