chapter 18

"Babe, wake up. I brought starbucks. "
"Ali"
"Ali"
"Oh my god! Ali! "
"Ali I know your faking it. "
"Fine I'mma drink your Starbucks. "
"Okay, okay I'm up. Now gimme. " I reach for it but he pulls it away.
"Gimme some sugar first. " He says. And crawls on my bed with the coffee.
"Eww no! I want my coffee. " I reach for it again but he won't give it.
"Okay then. I'll just drink your coffee. " He takes a huge drink. My jaw dropped.
"That's not a drink that's a fucking gulp. Blake give it to me. " I crwal over him but he just moves it to the other side.
"That's what she said. " Blake buckles.
"Papí! Blake is hurting me! " I scream. I hear footstep running up the stairs. Not 3 seconds later,  dad burst through the door.
"What's going on? " Dad asks.
"Blake won't give me my Starbucks . " I pout. He frowns.
"Seriously.you wake me up and it's only because he won't give you coffee. " He deadpans. I nod.
"Oh my god. Blake just give it to her. " I reach for it but instead Blake kisses me.
"Nope non of that while I'm here. " My dad says. I back away. Blake gives me my coffee. Dad walked out after giving Blake a glare.
"I wanna talk about earlier. " Blake starts.
"And I said I want to talk tomorrow. " I said back. He sighed.
"Al,  we can't avoid this. "
"And I'm not avoiding it. "
"Then why can't we talk about it now. "
"Fine Blake!  You wanna talk about it now!? Let's talk about it now! I know she did it!  I'm not blaming you!  I never did!  I just wanted space!  That's it!  All I know is she kissed you and you pushed her away! I don't know what happened before that but frankly I don't give a shit! "I screamed as I got off the bed and went to the closet to grab my sandels. My throat started to get sore.
" Al,  where are you going? "
"Out. Great now I'm losing my voice. "
"Al sit down. Your not going anywhere. "
"And who the hell are to say I'm not going anywhere!? "
"Al calm down. Why are you yelling anyways? "
"Because I said I didn't wanna talk about it but you did so I said what I wanted to say.! "
"I wanted to talk about it because I thought that you thought it was my fault! " He shouted.
"Well I didn't! That's why we don't need to talk about it! She kissed you so what! You did the right thing! YOU did the right thing! YOU pushed her off! YOU came to my house to explain yourself when you didn't need to! This argument is so unnessisary. I am losing my voice because of something so unimportant! "At the end of my rant my voice started to get more hoarce. I grabbed my phone and car keys. He grabs my arm.
" Al your not going anywhere. "
"It's either you or me. Whose leaving? " I crossy arms. He doesn't move.
"Ok I'll leave then. I'll call you when I'm ready to talk. " I walk out and he doesn't stop me. When I got I to the car I started it and ironically the song love don't cost a thing by Jenifer Lopez came on.

You think you gotta keep me iced (You don't)
You think I'm gonna spend your cash (I won't)
Even if you were broke
My love don't cost a thing
Think I wanna drive your Benz (I don't)
If I wanna floss I got my own
Even if you were broke
My love don't cost a thing
When you rolled up in the Escalade
Saw that truck you gave to the valet
Knew that it was game when you looked at me
Pulling up your sleeve so I could see the Rolley bling
Saw you later in the corner booth
Raising up a toast so I would notice you
But your heart's a mess
Think you outta know
Doesn't matter if you're balling out of control
All that matter's is
That you treat me right
Give me all the things I need
That money can't buy yeah
You think you gotta keep me iced (You don't)
You think I'm gonna spend your cash (I won't)
Even if you were broke
My love don't cost a thing
Think I wanna drive your Benz (I don't)
If I wanna floss I got my own
Even if you were broke
My love don't cost a thing
When I took a chance
Thought you'd understand
Baby credit cards aren't romance
So you're tryna buy what's already yours
What I need from is not available in stores
Seen a side of you that I really feel
Doing way too much, never keep it real
If it doesn't change, gotta hit the road
Now I'm leaving, where's my keys?
I've got to go
All that matter's is
That you treat me right
Give me all the things I need
That money can't buy yeah
You think you gotta keep me iced (You don't)
You think I'm gonna spend your cash (I won't)
Even if you were broke
My love don't cost a thing
Think I wanna drive your Benz (I don't)
If I wanna floss I got my own
Even if you were broke
My love don't cost a thing
A thing, a thing, a thing
Yeah, yeah, yeah
You think the money that you make
Can substitute the time you take
Take the keys here to my heart
Then you can win my heart, and get what's in my heart
I think you need to take some time
To show me that your love is true
There's more than dollar signs in you
Then you can win my heart, and get what's in my heart
You think you gotta keep me iced (You don't)
You think I'm gonna spend your cash (I won't)
Even if you were broke
My love don't cost a thing
Think I wanna drive your Benz (I don't)
If I wanna floss I got my own
Even if you were broke
My love don't cost a thing
You think you gotta keep me iced (You don't)
You think I'm gonna spend your cash (I won't)
Even if you were broke
My love don't cost a thing
Think I wanna drive your Benz (I don't)
If I wanna floss I got my own
Even if you were broke
My love don't cost a thing
You think you gotta keep me iced (You don't)
You think I'm gonna spend your cash (I won't)
Even if you were broke
My love don't cost a thing
Think I wanna drive your Benz (I don't)
If I wanna floss I got my own
Even if you were broke
My love don't cost a thing

I was singing real lowly because I lost my  voice. I didnt know where I was going. The next thing I know I'm at the cemetery. I walk to my grams' headstone. I sit down on the warm grass.
"Hi grams. I miss you. We all do. Even Blake. I just had an argument with him and I don't know what to do. It's just.. It was over something so stupid. I.. I just exploded on him for no reason. He wanted to talk about it but I didn't. And he pushed it and I just lost it. I don't think I'd know what to do if he cheated on me. I just need space from everyone ya know. I wish you were still here. I love you. I know I stayed away from this place for 7 years but it was hard."I looked down fiddleing with my keys. I was crying.
"It was so hard. My favorite person in this world was gone. Gone forever. How am I supposed to deal with that. I cried myself to sleep for 2 years. Then when I stopped that I started to dream about you. Now I packed everything that has to do with you and put it in the back of my closet. Then finally a week before I first came I got out the guitar that you bought me. I've had it all these years and its still in good condition. Anyways I started playing and singing again. I live you so much and I miss you so much. "I kept talking and crying. It was probably 9 when I left. I am on my way home. Then I take a left at the light instead of going right. I'mma stay at Leslie's tonight. She'll understand.  When I pull in to her driveway all of her lights are off. I hope she's home. So I call her.
(L=Leslie  A=Alejandra)
L: hello
A: hay were you sleeping?
L: yea but it's ok. What's up?
A: Blake and I got in an argument about something that happened at school. I told him to leave but he wouldn't song left. He's probably still there waiting for me but I don't want to see him. So I was wondering if I could stay over for the night.
L: aww honey it'll be okay. You two will sort it out. But you don't even have to ask just come in ill unlock the door and make some tea. We will talk about this.
A: in all honesty I don't want to. I just wanna go to bed.
L: ok but we will talk tomorrow.
A: ok I'm coming.
L: ok.

I get out of the car and walk up to the door. She opens it as soon as I get to it.
"Are you sure you don't wanna talk? "
"Yea I'm just tired and wanna go to bed. "
"Ok well the guest room still has your stuff so you can go to bed. "
"Ok night. "
"Night."
I walk to the guest room and plop onto the bed. I  not ready to see Blake tomorrow but I have to because tomorrow's his dad's wedding. Damn I am so not ready.