chapter 39

"Clean this shit up! " My mom shouted when she came into my closet.
"Ahh mom! What the hell! "
"Don't use that language with me! Your closet shouldn't look like this! The black dress is right here! "
"Oh."
"Yeah oh. It was right in front of your face. "
"Sorry."
"It's fine. I'm just tired. Clean this up and go to bed. "
"Yes mama. "Iclean my closet and change in to a tank and some yoga shorts. I walk into the theater.
" What are we watchin? "I ask and sit on Hanna.
" I don't know. Brandon what are we watchin? "
"Freddy vs Jason! " He said.
"Yes! Jess go get the stuff off of the counter. "She got up and went to get the snacks.
" Babe come sit with me. "Blake said.
" Only if we can actually watch the movie. "
"Fine. Come on. "I got off of Hanna and go sit next to Blake. I grab a blanket and cover up with it. Here's the thing I love scary movies. This si one of my favorite movies.
" Here. "Jess hands me a bowl of pop corn and other bags of snacks. Then Sam come a over and gives us Pepsi.
" Alright let's start it. "
-------------------------_-------_-------_----------------------------__---------_------_------------++
We were to the part where laurie brings Freddie into the real world. One of my most favorite parts.
(You don't have to watch if its too scary for you. Just a heads up.)

I start snickering. Blake just looks at me like imma lunatic.
"Your psycho. " He says.
"It's funny. It should be a comedy not a horror. " I said.
"Yea ok. "
------------------------------__-------------------------------------__----------------------------------

 "------------------------------__-------------------------------------__----------------------------------

"Awe. Save it as her screensaver. They look so cute. It's like I'm looking at puppies. Send that to me. Hanna I told you to save it as her screen saver. " She sighs.
"You never listen to me. "
"Well your running your mouth about fuckin puppies when I'm trying to send it to everyone withojt it waking them up. Now would you like to do it? " Hanna said sternly. I tried not to laugh and have them notice I'm awake.
"Well I'd you'd listen I wasn't talking about puppies. I was talking about them being adorable like puppies. " Jess rambled on. I heard Hanna sigh.
"You just said they look like puppies. That's talking about puppies. "
"Fine I was talking about puppies."
"Finally you get it through that air head. " Hanna mumbled.
"I don't have a airhead. "
"Yes you do. You might be a brunette that plays volleyball but you act like a blonde that's a cheerleader. "
"I don't act like a dumb blonde. "
"I never said you act like a dumb blonde. "
"Yes you did. "
"Oh my god! She said you act like a blonde. Not a dumb one. Stop arguing. I have a headache. " I day as I get up. I start to walk out but I turn around and snatch my phone out of Hanna's hand.
"Someone's cranky. " Jess mumbled.
"Yea because I was woken up by a cat fight. " I say and go get into the shower. I get out and throw on a quick outfit for the day.

I walk into the kitchen and grab a plate and join everyone else in the dining room

"Did you just take a shower or no. " Alyssa asked.
"Yeah why? "
"Because your wearing sweatpants. "
"And I can't wear sweatpants. Just wait until later. This just woke up look will be gone. " I said. Everyone snickers.
"I woke up like this. I woke up like this. Flawless. " I sang.
"Don't play. You didn't wake up like that. You took a shower. " Zeke said in a high pitched girly voice.
"Oh please. You don't know how I woke up. "
"Yes we do. " They all said and showed me their phones.
"Stop taking pictures of us. That's fuckin creepy. "
"It's documenting. "
"Documenting what? "
"Our lives as seniors. "
"Dude this is our last year of high school. Then we'll be in college. " Sam says.
"I know. It's gone by fast. Maybe it doesn't have to be good bye. Maybe we all could go to UCLA. "
"Why UCLA?" I ask.
"Because you, Jess, Hanna, Zeke, and Blake are going there. Maybe we all could go there. "
"You guys can't give up your scholorships just to be with us. You have different careers. UCLA can mess that up. " Blake said.
"We all play a sport. Sam was going to arizona State. I'm going to southern California and Brandon is going to California State University San Marcos. We can all go to the same university. UCLA has the best athletics department. There's no reason why we couldn't. "
"I wouldn't either. " Everyone else agreed.
"Why are we even talking about this right now. We are only two months into our senior year. Let's worry about college later. Let's just make it last and have fun. " I said.
"Your right. Your birthday is tomorrow are you excited. And most importantly. What are you wearing. " Jess says.
"My mom made me a couple if dresses. You can't see them though. It's a surprise. " I said.
"Wait were are they? And when did you see them? "
"I saw them the day of my game and they're in my mom's closet. "
"Damn. Your lucky. You don't have to go to the mall every time you need dresses. Your mom can just make them for you. " Zeke said while putting cucumbers on his eyes.
"It took her four months to make these dresses. " I said.
"Well I'm done. I'mma go take a nap. " Hanna said. I nodded.
"We're gunna go watch a movie. " The rest said. We all got up. I went to my room and put some shorts and a sports bra.

When I'm done I grab my Nike's and a little box falls down

When I'm done I grab my Nike's and a little box falls down. I pick it up and see its the necklace I bought Blake for his birthday. I had bought this long before I orders the one when he was getting his tattoos done.
"What's that? " I jump and turn to see Blake. I fumble and try to hide it but he already saw it.
"Nothing." I say.
"Doesn't look like nothing. What is it. "
"Nothing." I say again as he starts walking towards me. I start to back up but my back hits the shelf. He reaches around me and takes the box. He opens it and immediately starts laughing. I can't help but smile. It's because of what it says in big bold letters. You have to read all of it to make sense. When I first saw it it said:

Face down ass up.

But that's not what it really said. It said:

I should really FACE up to the fact you never let me DOWN even when I am a complete ASS and you never give UP on me.

When I read that I loved it because its true. We never give up on each other when we are bitches or assholes. He reads it and smiles at me.
"What's it fo? Who is it for? " He says handing it back. I sigh and take it out of the box.
"I didn't want to give this up now but I guess I have to. " I say and stand on my tiptoes to put it over his head. I'm short leave me alone.
"Why is this for me? "
"For your birthday. I got it when we went to the mall for Cecilia's dress. " I said.
"Thanks I love it. But you didn't have to get this for me. " He says.
"It's not the only thing I got. But since you already saw it. Might as well give it to you. " He pecked my lips.
"Thanks. I love you. "
"Live you too. "