chapter 17

I'm sitting on a park bench wtching the little kids play. I am drinking coffee and thinking about what life would be like if I had a father around all of my life. I look at all of the little kids and think, why do such innocent kids have to be brought into this cruel world. I feel someone sit beside me. I look over to see my dad. I offer him my coffee and he take a drink and hands it back.
"What are you doing here? " I ask.
"Well Blake called me worried. Said he couldn't find you, your cars gone and your not answering his calls. " He smiled.
"He's whipped. " I chuckled.
"Dad please don't say that ever again. " He chuckled too.
"What happened mija? Why aren't you talking to him? " He asked. I sighed.
"I caught Taliya kissing him. But Blake pushed her away and she tried again until I said something. It was right after I talked to you. I know it's not his fault and that I shouldn't be mad,  but what if it actually happens?  What if he really cheats on me? " I feel a pang in my chest just thinking about it.
"You can keep asking about the what if's in your relationship but you have to trust him. He loves you we all can see it. We all know he won't hurt you. Just give it time. You'll see. " We  stood up and walked to my car.
"I still don't wanna see him. " I said.
"Well if he comes I can't stop him from seeing you. " I nodded.
"Ok I'll see you at home. " I said and got into my car. I was driving down my road and saw Blake car in the driveway. He was sitting on the porch. I tried to walk past him but he grabbed my arm.
"Qué? " I ask. (What)
"Lo siento. por favor, tienes que saber que no hice nada. ella me besó y la empujé, pero no dejó de intentarlo." (im sorry. please you have to know i didn't do anything. she kissed me and i pushed her off but she wouldn't stop trying.)
"Blake I know it's not your fault. I just didn't wanna see anyone today. I haven't even taked to the girls. I just need space today. Just today. I wanna spend time with my dad ya know. Just me and him. So just for today give me space. Just today. That all I ask. Then we can talk about this tomorrow. Ok. " I said. He nodded. He pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead. Then he walked to his car and drove off. I feel sad. But it's true I wanted to spend time with my papí. I just hope he wants to spend time with me too. I walk into the house and plop down on the couch. 5 minutes of taking meaningless selfies my dad walks in the house.
"Ooh what's that? " I ask as he says down a couple bags.
"Some stuff from the market. I know you didn't eat at lunch, which you should've. So you need to eat something. Then we can do whatever you want. "
"Ok."
----------------_---------------------_--------------
------------------------------------------------------
We were at the school because we needed the music room.  Wes let us in and gave us a key for when we leave.
"So I have never heard you sing before. Will you sing something? " Papí asked. I nodded. I sit at the piano. For some unknown reason I love the schools piano. I start to play fix you by Coldplay.

"When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse
When the tears come streaming down your face
'Then you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?
Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you
and high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
but if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth
Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you
And Tears  stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
And tears stream down your face
And I
Yea Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
and  tears stream down your face
And I
Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you"

I finish and look up. Wes,  my dad, the janitor, two teachers, and Mr, Gomez,stand by the door looking at me in awe. I look back down. I don't like all the attention.
"You are really good. Almost better than the video. " Wes said.
"What video? " My dad asked.
"Sam recorded me singing then he put it on YouTube. " I said.
"Oh ok. But that was incredible. You sound like your mother when she was around your age. " My dad said.
"Sí, y la abuela también." I said. (yeah and grandma too.)
"I'm anyways,  when did you all get here. " I asked.
"When you started singing. " Mr,  Gomez said.
"Ok well we should go. I need to get to practice. " I check the time. 4: 54 .
"Shit I'm late!! " I exclaimed and started out the door when my dad stopped me.
"What practice and don't use that language. "
"For Cecilia's quince and sorry but I'm late so I'll drop you off since its on the way. " I said he nods. I wave bye to everyone and speed  out of the school.
----------------------------------------------------_-
+++++---------------------------------------------
5: 03 I'm three minutes late but she's probably not here yet. When I walk in I see her talking to the teacher so I go stand by my cousin Dustin, who is my partner. I say hi and hug him. He's 19 and in college. He's my aunt Leslie's son. I'm close to him just like I am with Leslie.
"Alright get into position and we will start. " I instructor said.
----------------------------------------------+-+++
------------------------------------_------_---------
1 hour later and I feel like I'm gunna die. I am so tired but she won't let us leave.
"Ok everyone quiet down I have an announcement to make. " She waited till we quieted down.
"Ok my mom couldn't find a reservation for the day that we want so I am going to move it up. Since my birthday is in a week,  we will have my quince this Friday. Then on my actual birthday I will have a small get together. Alright is everyone cool with this? " She asked we all nodded .
"You can leave now. " She said and we all left. When I get to my car I start it and head home. It's only 6 : 15 so mom should be home. My phone starts ringing on the Bluetooth. I hit answer in the dash because it Blake and I really miss him. But I won't tell him that.
(B=Blake a=Alejandra)
A:  Hey what's up.
B: nothing. I'm at home bored out of my mind. What are you doing.
A: driving home from practice. Cecelia moved up the quince to this Friday because they already had someone scheduled for the beginning of next month.
B: well will you still be able to come to the wedding with me?
A: yeah I told you I would. And it's tomorrow so I don't have a choice.
B: ok. Can I come over?
A: yeah I'm almost home. I'mma stop at Starbuck first though. Or you could stop at Starbuck for me.
B: what why?
A: because I want Starbucks and you will do it because I love you.
B: ok fine but only because you love me.
A: yea yea I don't know why I do. But I do so but I'm home now so I'll see you when you get here.
B: ok love you.
A: love you too.

When we hang up I have a huge smile on my face. I really do love him. He's my world. Every time I see him I fall in love all over again. Wow that was a really cheesy thought. I got out of the car and walked inside to see dad passed out on the couch. Moms still not here. I run upstairs and plop face first on my bed. Today was exhausting.