chapter 11

It was Wednesday afternoon. I was at the kitchen island on my laptop. I was wearing my glasses with my hair in a messy bun, and my pyjamas that consist of  a black tank top that says  'stay up all night' with some black shorts. I'm on Facebook when someone named lily  messages me a youtube link. Lily is my partner in my science class so I click on the link knowing she's not some random person. I wait for it to load and what pops up shocks me. It's the video of me and the girls singing yesterday and it has over 500 thousand views. I scroll to read the comments and see that the whole school has watched it. There are surprisingly few negative comments. Most say the same thing like 'wow they're good. ' and stuff like that. I wonder if the girls have seen it. My phone starts to vibrate. I pick it up and see that its my cousin tatiana. I answer it to hear squealing.
(Tatiana=T Alejandra=A)
T: oh my god. You sound amazing!!!
A: well that's a first coming from you.
Tatiana and I fight like cats and dogs. We grew up together but go to rival schools. She and I are the same age.
T: shut up hoe. I always compliment you.
A: yea sure you do.
T: anyways my brothers birthday is tomorrow and we are having a surprise party so now that I'm talking to you I might as well ask you. Will you come?
A: yea I have nothing to doand I'm suspended anyways so. Wait what day is it tomorrow?
T: Thursday. Why?
A: shit I have to go back to school tomorrow so I won't be free during the day to find something to wear. I'll have to think of something. What time does it start?
T: at 5 so it should give you a couple of hours.
A: where are you even having it?
T: the community center.
A: oh my lord. Do you know how much that's gunna cost?
T: yea $100 and hour.
A: and how many hours?
T: 8 hours and then if anyone wants to keep partying past twelve we will go to my mom's house.
A: so your gunna pay $800 dollars for a surprise party for you brother when we could have a party at the beach for free or better yet your house.
T: I'm not paying $800 my mom is.

I hear knocking at the door. I check the time on my laptop to see its 3: 00 so it will be my friends. I go and open it to reveal as I said my friends. I wave them in and go grab my laptop and go into the living room as I continue talking.

A: how the hell is your mom gunna pay for that? I thought she wasn't working.
T: she is. She just had to get a good job to pay for this and then she gunna quit until my birthday.
A: your mom is something else. What about her birthday though?  Is she going to get a party bus and let us on like she said she would?
T: I don't know she hasn't said anything about it and neither have I because I Compleatly forgot. 
A: well I didn't. Ever since she told me I made sure I wouldn't forget.
T: well I did. And is that my song playing?
A: yea my friend just got here and are playing desperado.
T: ok well I'm just leaving school so I'll call tomorrow. I'll be busy tonight trying to keep Roberto from drinking.
A: oh I thought you dumped all the alcohol.
T: no I was supposed to but he told me he had stopped only for me to come home and see my mom with a black eye and him nowhere to be found.
A: oh my god. I don't see why she just don't leave him.
T: I know and I ask her everyday but she says she needs him for his money.
A: so she's basically using him?
T: yup anyway he's here so I gotta go.
A: ok bye. Have fun and be safe if anything happens call me.
T: ok promise bye.

After I hang up I turn of my laptop and tackle Sam. I playfully punch him.
"I punch can't punch believe punch you. I can't believe you put that on there. " I get off of him. He on the floor dying of laughter.
"Damn woman what do you eat? " He wheezes out.
"Food duh. " I reply.
"Well I was bored in class so I put the video on you tube 3rd period and checked the views at lunch. There were over 450 thousand. " He said
"It only took a half and hour for it to get 450 thousand views. That's unbelievable. "
"Well believe you guys are famous. " Zeke said. I laughed .
"We aren't famous. "I said.
"No we are YouTube sensations. "Hanna said.
" Ok whatever but I'm going to my cousins birthday party tomorrow if you wanna come. "
"Yea sure we have nothing to do anyways. " Sam said.
"Ok." I nodes my head.
"Then let's go rummage through my closet to find something. "
"Ok." The girls agreed. So we went upstairs to look through my closet.
"What about the guys? " Alyssa asks.
"Oh yea. I kinda forgot. " I said with a chuckle.
We head back down stairs.
"I guess we are going to the mall. " I said as I grab my keys.
"What?  Why? " Brandon whined.
"Because we need clothes for the party now come on. " I said and we were out.

++-+--------------+-----------------+--------------_---------------------_----------

We were heading to my house around 8 because we went to olive Garden. I notice that my friends always stay over but then again their parents are always on business trips.. When we got to my house I noticed Tatianas car in my driveway. I got out of the car right when my phone started ringing. It was Tatiana.
T: hey I'm at your house I got the key from under the mat.
A: it was Roberto wasn't it?
T: yea. I just hope that she leaves him.
A: ok don't cry I'm coming in.
T: ok.

I hang up not even worried about the bags and run inside. My older cousin Natalia who is Tatianas mom,  is sitting on the couch. I sit down next to her.
"Are you OK? I ask. As I inspect her face for injuries.
" I don't know. "She says.
I'm gunna get some ice. You have a black eye and a swollen cheek but I don't see anything else. Did he do anything to you anywhere else? " I ask her softly.
"No he only hit me twice. Then he left like he always does. I called your mom and asked if we could stay. " She says.
"You didn't have to ask I would've let you. But you have to sleep in Monica's room with Tatiana because my room is filled. " I said as my friends walked into the house with all the bags. They looked at us and went upstairs. I'm glad they understood not to interrupt. I got up and saw Tatiana at the kitchen island. She looked up when I walked in. She had a black eye.
"Oh my god. Did he do this to you? " I asked her. I don't know why I asked I knew it was him but this is the first time I that I knew of. She just nodded. I hugged her as she started to cry again.
"Look at me. We are going to put him in jail you got that. I will never let him near you again ok. Tomorrow you are going to school with me ok. And after we are going to the police before we have to go to the party got it. " I asked. She nodded again. I went to the freezer and grabbed 2 ice packs. I handed one to her and motioned for her to follow me. We walk back to the living room and I hand Natalia the ther ice pack.
"So tomorrow Tatiana is coming with me to school on a pass. After school we will go down to the police station. " I told her.
"No  we can't do that. " She said.
"Yes we are and quite frankly I don't give a damn what you say. If I have to go by myself I will. You have been with him for nearly 5 years. I am done with it and it's not even happening to me. I will not under any circumstances let ANYONE hurt my family. Do you understand me?  You might be 38 but you will listen to me got it? "I said. She just nodded.
" Ok well you both will have to sleep in Monica's room. I have 7 people sleeping in my room."I said. They nodded and went upstairs. I sighed I got up, turned off the lights and locked the door. I walked upstairs to see everyone sleeping. I just realized I was in my pyjamas all day so I jumped into bed next to Blake and instantly  fell asleep.