The Sleep of Discovery

RING RING RING! The gates opened and students kept climbing in. Surprisingly, they didn't see the Skylanders and kept going to the classes straight through them.

"That was very weird." Eruptor remarked, looking oddly, and the others. "Do you think we still need to hide in the tree?" Pop Fizz asked, finally waking up and recovering from the pavement. He got up and bark was covering his backside. He put the bark in his potion, and then put his beaker in the backpack.

Sabine yawned as she watched Cassie drag Mikey from behind the tree. "You're running away from the Skylanders! Heroes of their world! You should be disappointed in yourself!

"Unless you didn't notice, but the Skylanders are meant to be FICTIONAL and they're standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF US and no one even NOTICES!" Mickey said, defending himself.

"Uhhh, we can hear you." Eruptor said. Some students glanced his way weirdly, then looked back and started chatting again. Sabine kept yawning endlessly. "I'll just take a nap, I'll meet you guys in class, I'll be under that tree if you need me....." Slowly, the tired Sabine walked over to the tree and closed her eyes.

"Should we stay?" Cassie said. "Nah, I'll head to class."

"I'm not staying here! I'm getting away, running home and burying my head under the pillow!" Mikey said.

Cassie called out "So, you're skipping class? Thought you would be better!"

"Actually, my mum would be angry at me so I better go to class and bury my head in my lunchbox at lunch instead."

"Wait," Elf said, "Last night, Sabine had a dream with Dark Spyro! He told her he was innocent! We have to stop him!"

"I agree, Elfy!" Eruptor agreed. The students waiting for their PE class stared at him, but quickly looked back. "Eruptor, keep your voice down! And I'm ready!"

"Ok," said Kaossandra, here it goes...."

Sabine was dreaming. Same setting as last night. The same mysterious white box where she met Dark Spyro. Wait, was she meeting him again? She sure hoped so.

"Right behind you," a familiar voice said. Sabine looked around and saw Spyro flying up in the air. "You're here! So, how's it been going in Skylands?"

"Well, I was on the news. Apparently some Mabus saw me. Now I'm a wanted criminal! Hiding around Kaossandra's castle. Man, Strykore is getting really annoying."

"I can feel your pain." Sabine answered. "You know, I noticed something this morning. My initials are SD, for Sabine Drat. If I mix those initials around, I get DS. And what does DS stand for? You. Dark Spyro."

"That is very intriguing. So, I heard the Skylanders are in your world. Are they annoying?"

"What is annoying is that you're trying to make someone do your bidding!" A familiar voice called out. Behind them was Eruptor, Elf, Jet Vac, Pop, and Kaossandra, in their ready battle stances.

"Skylanders!" Dark Spyro said. "What are you doing here?"

"Stopping you, of course!" Pop called out. "Now, where's my beakers....?"

"No, no no no! Guys, I'm good! When Elf found me working for Strykore, I didn't want to hurt you all! Strykore put me under a spell which got the darkness to fill me up again! When I blasted through the sky, the darkness got out of me! I swear, I didn't want to hurt you!"

"Stop lying, dragon! You lied to us about different things before, so you could be lying about this!" Eruptor yelled. "I can't believe this human believes you! She can see us along with her other two friends, that's all! Nothing is powerful about them, so you must have brainwashed them!"

Sabine was shocked. HOW DARE THEY SAY SUCH NASTY THINGS ABOUT HER FRIENDS!?!? She thought Eruptor was a nice talking rock, but nooo!

The human saw the Skylanders attacking Spyro. The dragon didn't attack and just skillfully dodged every attempt. The more the Skylanders talked, the more Sabine got angry. Finally, she just couldn't take it anymore.

KA-BLAM! KA BOOM! BANG!

Gears shot out of her body. They just missed the Skylanders, making holes in the wall instead.

"What just happened?!" Jet Vac wondered in great shock. Kaossandra stood still.

"I take it back! You ARE powerful!" Eruptor apologised repeatedly.

Sabine stood still, glaring at the Skylanders. "What about my friends? ARE THEY POWERFUL TOO!?!? I DON'T CARE IF I'M NOT POWERFUL, JUST SAY THAT ABOUT MY FRIENDS!"

Suddenly, her vision started to go black. Dark Spyro waved goodbye, and Sabine woke up. She looked at her watch. "Oh no! I'm late for class!"