THE OCEAN AND THE SINKING

Erica's POV

There are moments in your life which make you feel alive , make you feel the rush that was missing from your life and I swear on the angel it is that moment . I want to fly right now, knock someone's breath out of their body, want to dig a deep hole and even want to swim across an ocean just because I feel like a human for the first time in my life .

She is looking at me , waiting for me to say something to her , to say sorry for the fact that I didn't tell her anything . And I can't do it , the energy that is filled inside my body is making me feel paralyzed and a fearless human for the first time  .

"So do I have to tell you what you are hiding ?", her chair is tilted to my side and I can see the little bolts from the other side of the chair loosening up.

"Umm... maybe", I don't know how to explain anything to her . I do not know why I didn't tell it to her .

"Okay you human demon witch warlock-".

"Wait what is a warlock?", I am sweet but I know insults or"names".

"I'm a shadowhunter fan and SHUT UP! cause what is a warlock is not the point now. The point is that Will Grayson just came to me and called you his 'girlfriend' ! Can I, your best friend get to know why?"

"oh....."

"Don't oh me  , just start start spilling", she has a fire in her eyes or maybe its just pure anger . I can't decide .

"I'm sorry, I didn't tell you anything",I place my head on the desk and I feel a little heaviness coming up on me like a dull pain in the head , the kind of pain that buzzes through your body like an alarm or a signal.

There is a pure silence in the atmosphere for a while and then I feel a hand rest on my shoulder and I know by the texture that its her. I keep my head sideways so that I am facing her and she is calm now, searching something on my face that she knows she is not gonna find easily . My facade is not easy to break.

"Is something wrong ? Did he do something ? Damn tell me Erica if he did something cause I won't hesitate in..

" No Ish stop! He is great . Very good. He is more than what I ever deserve or can deserve . He is too good for me ", Sometimes the truth comes out so easily with her....  even my heart gets tingles.

"Then ? Why the hell are you not happy ? Why so you look half dead?", she gives an assuring squeeze to my shoulder while saying her words.

"I'm happy , I'm very happy and honestly saying .. my insides are bubbling with excitement from the day it happened", this is the truth , I may have screamed once or twice in my bathroom just cause I couldn't control the excitement.

"So then what is the problem? Well let's do a thing, we are going to bunk the first period and go in the study hall to discuss this topic related to the topper", for the first year, she didn't even know his name. She just called him the' topper'.

She packed her books in her bag and then we both went to the study hall which was quite empty as it was the first period. We sat at the third table from left and took out some books so that it looks like we are studying.

"Now tell me Eri? Have you both met after school much?Did you notice something unusual?Is he not...nice?", she takes out a twister from her and stars to chew on it.

"I don't know Ish. He is very good, he is sweet. We went out to eat gelatin once in a while and he is truly polite. He is the best you know, the kind of person you see and admire, the kind of person your parents want you to be. He is the perfect human Ish... perfect one", he is the kind of person people wanted me to be and in the process .. I turned out to have a default in me.

"Okay , I'm gonna agree with you that he is great cause I know that myself but that is not something you should be sad about or even feel... oh god Eri seriously? Do you really think you are not good enough for him? Is that the reason you are sad because you think he will leave you very soon?"

"Maybe..."

"What he hell Eri? That is just bullshit.."

"No it is not Ish, it is not... see me here , you know what I am . I am just a depressed high school girl whose only hobby is reading .. a girl who does not know anything else. And see him Ish, he goes to workshops and seminars , participates in Olympiads and wins them . He knows more than just bookish stuff . I don't deserve him Ish... I just can't get these things out of my mind", I can feel the wetness on my cheeks and by the expressions on Ish's face.. I know they are tears.

"That is where you are wrong Eri, he didn't decide to love you because its high school and it will be good for his reputation. Yes I am gonna say that he participates in more things but so do you . And studies are not the most important thing . You are the best and kindest human I have ever seen in my whole life and you deserve him in every way possible . He loves you, he understands you Eri, he is not gonna leave you . I can bet on the topper that he will not leave you and please don't do anything stupid just because of this bloody insecurity of yours", she packs up her bag and reaches to give me my book to keep.

"I'm not gonna do anything stupid. I'm just gonna sink in him ... he is my ocean of happiness"

"Oh God you are a dork".

Hey friends!
I hope you like the chapter and I am really sorry for not updating sooner but I just had a whole lot of work to complete. Now i am just gonna say that I am not going to stretch this story a lot and end it in three to four chapters.And after that I am going to start a new story with  a new mindset .    
Love,
Monxxxx