Perfect

ERICA'S POV

People run to find perfection, to find the beauty of being perfect and to escape the tag of flawed but I never did that . For me, the tag of being flawed was joined with my name . People say I was a mistake and mistakes have their own consequences that I have to face in life and in my defence,  I think I have faced them a lot . The fear of making a mistake was horrifying to me but I knew I will never be able to attain perfection as a mistake is always bound to change.

It's been a week since my last visit with Will at my home,  we are still practicing but now at his house for two days . His house is beautifully decorated and flanked with Jasmine and rosebushes outside , there were paintings everywhere in the house that lacked the final touches of a masterpiece . I wondered who made them ? They were paintings of flowers,  people and everyday objects , seeing them was lime looking inside anyone's mind and picturing the things as they see them. We both practiced daily for two hours and in between I would chat to Will , Presley and Mrs . Grayson who always used to bring one or other new thing for me to eat . (Her ice latte is amazing)

The competition is coming near and near,  I can find the children roaming around in the school from one place to another like it's a fish market searching for props,  materials and making arrangements . I can notice the pressure , Ish is going mad this time almost shouting me off once when I was bugging her about her damp hair but yeah.. she was working the whole day to get the lightings done so you can't blame her naturally .

I was in my biology class right now where Mrs. Thompson was explaining us about trees and their different types , Jay didn't have this class with me so I was sitting with our other friend Macy who was probably not paying attention to anything.  "Ok class, I believe the chapter is completed and I would love if you all agreed to come with me to Shepheald forest for some practical studies!  It will be great ", Mrs . Thompson spoke as excitedly as she could to gain our attention to her.  "What? Won't there be bears and all there ? " Macy said while the whole class laughed and i saw Will looking at us and having a hint of smile on his face which made me look away so quickly that I think I snapped my neck. "No Miss Macy, you won't be in any danger!  It's all safe ", she ensures us all as she keeps on asking students if they are going or not . "What about you Erica , interested my girl ", she asks and you know , I never really understood why she calls me her girl? But it's cute . "Yes Miss , for sure ", I reply as she pats be on my back and goes to the other students to get their replies. I look at Will with a hope that he will agree and from Mrs. Thompson expression , I think he did . I know it's a school trip but then also going anywhere with Will is a big thing for me .

I walk out of our class watching the students running to their lockers in hurry so that they don't get late for the next but I was free, I wanted to go to library so I took my bag and went straight to the stairs.  The path to our library is long but painted with different quotations by succesfull writers and I love this setting,  the inspirational words always make my day better and give me another reason to continue the internal struggle.  As I enter the library , I'm met with a silence that I purely love . The smell of books and Miss. Whithead stamping the books make me feel good. She smiles as she sees me approaching her , I go down the aisle ,shake her hand and go to pick a book . I roam through the sections searching for a good book that I still haven't read and my eyes dropped on 'P.S I love you ' by Cecelia Ahern , a book that has a good preface and is probably gonna be good . I approach Miss. Whithead with the book while she smiles and does the stamping in my diary as well as the book . I sit on a chair reading the first page but as soon as I flip through a page , Mike enters the library . The Mike which I scolded the last time and haven't talked since then , he saw me and stopped in his tracks for a minute but continued to walk . I figured he was just taking a book and continued with my own , after reading for ten minutes I saw a shadow casting on my book that made me look up . Mike was standing there with a small hesitated smile on his face , he asked me if he could sit and when I said yes he picked up the nearest chair and sat beside me placing a chemistry book on the table which I think he just borrowed . "Hey Erica ", he said while meating my eye. "Hey Mike , how are you?  ", I asked to throw a conversation cause I can't bear up with awkward silence for a long time . "Look Erica , I just want to say sorry ! I don't know what took over me that time but I'm trying to change for my future ", he babbled to me with a great difficulty and I understood he was saying the truth. "Its fine Mike , you just have to say sorry to Jacob and not to me . I'm happy you are changing" , I passed him a good smile while making him feel less comfortable .  "I did that some time back , I wanted to say Thanks to you too . You are the reason why I thought of changing , the fact that you are so ... matured and sophisticated makes me feel good and I want to feel what it feels like from inside too " I am literally shocked by this but the fact that he couldn't meet my eye told his honesty . I said him that I don't need a sorry or thank you and then he gave me a timid smile and started to move out . As he  was going,  he placed his hand over mine and said "If you ever need help in anything except studies then remember I'm always there " , I nodded to this and then left the library myself.

The bell rang and the school got over ad it as the last period,  I went to my locker first to change some of my books and then went to my bicycle,  I wa a bit late and when I was unlocking the handle from the bar , I heard someone say behind me "So Cecelia Ahern?  ", I flipped back to see Will standing there . He was having a smile on his face but it looked like it wasn't real . "How do you know? ", I ask him still puzzled that form where did he see the book ? "I was in the library ", he says blankly staring at my cycle.  "When ? ", why didn't I see him? "When you were talking to Mike " , he replies and goes on his own track and leave me to stand there.

Oh my god! Did I make a mistake again? I'm totally confused .

Question of the chapter- What internal struggle is Erica talking about ?

Hey friends,
I wanted to share something today . You know the reasons why I started writing this book , it's because I wanted to prove some people that I was good enough and not useless . This whole story is my real life story and I love to share it . All the things and stuff in this story has happened to me sometime in my life and I would love it If You love this story.
Don't forget to comment and vote and give suggestions.
Love,
Monxxx