deserted but with flowers

Dedicated to  FebruaryM

ERICA'S POV

We all knew what was going to happen today at school and we were ready to face that too . Me , Jay , Misty and Amir made our way to school today with A trained mental outlook , we all entered my class together looking like a gang but who knew what we were really up to . Jay was sitting at the corner looking as gloomy as she could, today is Cam's birthday . We all remember how this day was like Christmas for Jay , she would be bouncing off the whole day , running from one place to other to see if all the arrangements were alright or not but now it's just... a day we don't wanna remember but can't forget too . We all have been to Cam's graveyard every year with Jay so that she doesn't do anything stupid and we probably knew she would but this year we wanted it to change . We all did a conference call yesterday and talked how Cam wanted the best for Jay but we are just not making that happen so we decided that we won't make this a bad day but a happy day with our dear Jay .

We all were dressed in some how yellow or peach dresses as we wanted to take Jay to a park outside the city and have a small picnic kind of thing . All my great friends decided that I will be the one to ask Jay for this plan as we all know her first reply . I walked up to her while sweat was pouring down from my forehead and saw that she was scribbling something down on her notebook , 'cam' it said and I stopped for a moment to recollect myself but continued to walk . She looked up at me and her eyes were like of a person who hasn't slept for centuries, she passed me a smile and shifted away to let me sit . " Hey ", I said holding her arm in mine . "Hey Eri", sometimes she calls me Eri but not much . " So .... I know in what condition you are in Jay but please ! We need to change this day from a sad to a happy one cause that's what cam wanted us to do " , I have to say that hurts to even say so I can't even think what it felt for her . "So what do you want me to do? Dance? ", she tried to sound casual but the tears started slipping her eyes like small droplets of water on a river bed . "No but, we want you to come with us to the park , we will just have some distraction ", I looked behind me seeing them all looking at me like I was a doctor who was going to give them their daughters pregnancy results!! She looked at me in the eye and then again to the scribble and sighed. "What this what she wanted? " she asked me in the slowest voice that she could, I knew saying yes will make our plan work as she never said no to anythign that Cam said even if she said her to tickle her teacher infornt of the whole class. "Yes Jay , this is what she wanted for you .  Your happiness " I clenched her hand more in my arm and sqeuzzed it a bit . " Ok then " she had a expressionless face that I know just said  'I'm doing this for you cam and not for them' . I beamed with joy and turned back at all and raised my thumb that said we won , they all joined us quickly and tackled me and jay and from the corner of my eye... I saw Will smiling at me or us.

We all left school that day and hoped in Amir's car ( which was the  only car in group ) and played the radio and started our journey .  Seeing the thorn bushes and different people at motels wearing autumn styled clothes made my heart flutter , I have always been a travelling person . I enjoyed the thrill of visiting a new place as much as I enjoyed seeing Will . We crept the whole way while I sat beside Amir on the front whereas Jay , Ish and misty sat behind singing songs of bebe Rexha and Britney spears like professional singers ( you get my drift? Hah) . My whole ride consisted of looking outside the window seeing the other kids in different cars , some were sleeping and some were making their parents sleepless . I saw a cute couple in one van , the girl was having her legs on the boys lap who was driving and was probably singing the song that was going on the radio smiling at him. This made me think of Will , what he might be doing?  Is he thinking of me too? But I knew he doesn't . 

We entered the small park which had a small lake at the right side which was like the one that we all saw in the notebook . I carried the picnic basket and blanket whereas Amir playfully  carried Jay to a blanket while she struggled laughing while crying at the same and Ish , Misty were going to have a fit in some time for sure . We placed our blanket near the lake where the cool breeze struck our hair like it doesn't do in cliche movies. I placed the basket and started taking the things out whereas all others started talking about Victoria models and stuff that I wasn't interested in , we all ate our sandwiches in some time and then started to sings song.  Me and Jay sang burn by Elle goulding first and then Ish and Misty started to sing what does the fox say and that literally made us all crack even Amir who was talking to his girl friend on phone had to keep it and laugh like a lunatic person . As we all laid on the big blanket with our feets covered , I got up to check the lake water . I wasn't very cold but mild and a idea popped in my mind , I pulled Amir away and told him everything and then he picked up Jay who is a great swimmer and by the time she could understand what was going on, she was in the water trying to figure out a way to control her hairs . Soon Ish and me were also in water leaving our jeans and top on the shore (we were wearing good inside ) while Misty couldn't swim so she just slept . We all swam in the water for some time and I went to some distance far form Ish , Jay and Amir . I was swimming when I heard a shrill voice behind but when turned,  there was nothing.  I stood there for one minute when the voice again echoed saying watch out , I was shocked and I couldn't breath for a minute but then I felt something slimy on my leg . I looked down to see a big jellyfish,  I always knew that you can't run like Tom does in Tom and Jerry but it wasn't true ! I ran like a cheetah!! I soon reached to Ish and when she saw me panting she held me tight while I told her everything . 

We all cut the picnic short and moved form there . The whole time when all kept chatting in the back , my mind was on that voice . I can still hear it loud and clear but couldn't make out who that person was? The whole time I kept asking if I should tell all about this or not but I know they will just say I was scared so I didn't.  I reached my home and I said all a good bye and went up to the house to see Ewan sleeping on the couch and a note on the table that said mum won't be home today and neither dad . I sighed and got to my room and changed my wet clothes . I made myself a coffee and crept into my bed checking my phone .

And the one thing that completed my day was his message ...
"Hey can we practice tomorrow?  Just one week left for it ! Good night "

Today, I will get the best sleep of my night.

Question of chapter  - Was that voice just a hallucination or true voice ?

Hey friends,
I hope you enjoy the chapter as much as I did while writing it . I really enjoyed the lake part as I'm a big fan of the notebook myself.  Don't forget to comment and vote.
Love,
Monxxxx