DownHearted

Characters featured in this chapter. 👆👆
From the girls going down-Sky, Angie, and Lexi. And the boys Jacob, Prod, and Roc.
*********************

Angie's Pov-
Damn another magazine with Beyonce and Jay-Z on the cover talking about a their getting a divorce. The media never gets enough of the power couple. I opened the magazine feeling content and starting flipping through the pages. My mind was at ease right now espsically since it was really quite on this floor of the hospital.

I had got here about twenty minutes ago waiting for my appointment with my doctor. Today was the day I was finding out the sex of the baby. Oh I prayed everyday hoping that I have a girl. When the baby gets here everything will change. My life wouldn't be the same I would have to put all of my devotion into my child. I know my life isn't going to be easy but I'll make it.

"Ms.Martinez, Dr.Hayes will see you now." The receptionist said.
I put down the magazine getting ready to go picking up my handbag. As I got up I felt hands go behind my back helping me up. I immediately knew who they belonged too.

"I don't need your help." I stated. I proceed to Dr.Hayes room. Hearing him sigh he followed behind me. We barely spoke to each other ever since out blowout in the hallway. And that was weeks ago. I'm surprised he remembers to show up today cause I don't speak to him.

I was still pretty pissed off about the whole Tori situation. The fact is he was being such a hypocrite. In a relationship you don't hide secrets from your partner and he did just that. Call us petty but we haven't talked it out yet. That's cause I refuse to talk to a liar.
Deep down I was glad he came. And the fact that he still cared enough, but I know it was for our child.

My doctor was a female of course and she was very friendly and genuine with me. She the only doctor I can trust in her.

"Good morning Angie and Craig. How are you?" She once we opened the door.

I smiled politely at her."Hi Dr.Hayes. I'm doing fine." I heard him respond back to her as he walk over to take a seat.

Dr.Hayes motion for me to take a seat on the bed. She proceeded in asking me questions on how my pregnancy is going. She then started spreading the gel over my stomach, which was cold by the way as she started to point to the screen to the baby.

"So what are you guys hoping for." She asked.

"A girl." Both Prodigy and I responded.
She nodded and pointed to the screen."Those are the feet, the fingers and toes. and well I don't see any male genitals. Looks like god is on your side cause you guys are having a girl."

When she said that it immediately brought tears to my eyes. I then felt Prodigy taking my hand in his, I did nothing but squeeze it. Looking up at him, he wiped the tears in my eyes. Now we can't actually name her Abigail. This was a happy moment.

"Since your in your second trimester, your baby should start to respond to your touch through your belly wall. She's probably very active in your stomach?" She says wiping the gel of my stomach. I sat up and pulled my shirt down.

"Oh yes. She knows my voice because when I sing to her at night she automatically moves and kicks." I respond.

Dr.Hayes laughs."Well that's good. Are you getting a lot of rest and not stressing."

"Yes plenty of rest and no stress. I'm also eating right. An appropriate diet. A little back pain here and there. And I exercise for a short time."

"Ok, remember your due date is May nineteenth. So you have three months away. Are you prepared?" She asked.

I nod."Yes I am. Can't wait until she gets here." I said smiling as I got up from the chair. I gathered my purse and fixed my clothes.

"Here's your ultra sound picture. Your next appointment is in two weeks."
"Thank you Dr.Hayes"