★chapter 26 - can't buy people

"Hey, Kiki," Akara grinned.

"What are you doing here?"

"Saving you."

Natsuki furrowed her eyebrows, walking over to the window. She opened it fully to allow Akara to step in.

"Finally. I might've fallen off the tree if you'd waited much longer," Akara joked. She walked over, taking in her surroundings. The wall was covered in chipping pink paint. An old looking desk sat in the corner. A simple twin bed was pushed up to the wall. There was a small closet, and that was about it. Old posters hung around the room, at leas giving vibes that someone lived there.

She sat down on the twin bed.

Natsuki rolled her eyes. "I'm unable to be saved. You had an abusive girlfriend, now my future stepmother is abusive. It's a gift that keeps on giving, huh?"

Akara laughed nervously. "I guess so, but I have a plan," she smiled. "Come over to my place for a while, okay?"

"What could we possibly do there?" Natsuki rolled her eyes even more.

"You'll see," Akara smirked, grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the window.

Natsuki hesitantly climbed through the window and on top of a branch. Akara followed, and the two of them climbed down the tree.

"What's Yuri's car doing here?" Natsuki asked.

"She was at my house for a while."

"Was she the one that told you," Natsuki asked, "about my dad?"

Akara shook her head. "I witnessed it. We came to pick you up and take you with us to see Umi."

"Oh."

Akara gestured into the open door. "We're here!" she shouted into the big house.

"Ah, Natsuki!" Yuri said giving the smaller girl a hug. "I just made a few cups of tea."

"Wonderful!" Akara smiled.

"Whatever," Natsuki said. "Just tell me your stupid plan before I get in trouble."

"Sit down," Yuri said.

Natsuki sat down on the couch.

"We're going to get you out of that house," Akara said. "We're going to try to get your father to disown you."

"W-What?"

"But only if you're okay with it," Akara added.

"We just want you to be safe and happy," Yuri revealed.

"H-How is this going to work?" Natsuki asked, fear evident in her eyes.

"Stay the night here without permission," Yuri said.

"We'll both be here to protect you if they try to take you forcefully. You won't sleep alone tonight," Akara added. "We also have really good security in this house."

"But he'd just end up beating me," Natsuki made known.

"That's the thing. We'll accompany you there and persuade him to give you up," Yuri said.

"It's no that easy. If this fails, he'll find a way to torture all of us," Natsuki sighed.

"We're willing to do everything within our power to convince him," Akara said confidently, gesturing to a rather large pile of money on the coffee table.

"You're going to buy me?" Natsuki gasped.

"If worse comes to worst, then yes," Yuri said seriously.