★chapter 7 - sisterly love

"Another member?" Natsuki shrieked.

Yuri kept her head down. Umi noted how significantly different her sister was around other people.

"That's great!" Monika said cheerfully. She walked over to Umi and touched her hair. "You have great hair! I love your eyes! Your bookbag is so stylish!"

Sayori jumped around Umi, also complimenting every inch of her.

Natsuki's fists balled up. Why hadn't she gotten so much attention?

"So you're joining, right?" Yuri asked, breaking Natsuki from her thoughts.

"Definitely. I like these two," Umi said, laughing.

The trio walked off to the other side of the room, talking. Yuri's tall figure casted a shadow over Natsuki as the purple haired girl watched her sister.

"Can you move? You're blocking the light, and I can't read my manga!" Natsuki glared.

"Alright club! Now we can be considered a real club because we have five members!" Monika said cheerfully. "The festival's days away, and we need more members be̪̫̺͖͙͔͟c͕͎͚̱̺̕a̘̼̫̘̞u̼̙̩̙̭̙̺͢s̯̲e̴͖̳͇̲ I̮̖̙'m̟̱̙̞ ̜͙͝no̧̺̼̜ţ̜̪ͅ ̜̣̟̖͉͕̺͢s͙̕a͇̤͡t̡į̭s̵̝̟͉̞͕fi̢̥̙͔̫e͍̬̖̻̰̮d̻͎̩͕.̝̞̮̞̖̠͍"

Sayori nodded along with Monika. "Since we have so much work to do, it's obvious that we have to split into groups ḽi̛̫ke̱͠ ̜̕ev̵̦e̥̖̥̤r̠̜̝y͏̲̮̣̺ ̯̪̟̺͇̘́o̳t̳͓͖̠h̜̪͚̖͖e̘̥̰̖̝̟͢r̺̘͙̼ f̪a͢n̝̝̱̠̬f̖͇i̶̱c͝ţ̼̫ị̺̭̫̮͡ǫ̤͖n̷̟̥̺̣̥ ̼̼ͅf̯͖͕͖o̤͇͓̘̮̩ͅr̷̪̺̹ ͇͇̝͔͠ț̰̭̗̹̹h͕̠̖̞͕̝ͅìs̟ ͔̲̖͇̖s̛̺͎̭̣ṱ̲̩̞͚́u̝͈͇̠͇̞͙pi̺͔̝̖̼d҉̣ ͈̦̜̤͚gạ̀m̸̞̣̗̳e̙͈̘̟͡."

"Sayori with me, Umi and Natsuki, and Yuri can work alone," Monika said. "Is that okay?"

Everybody nodded. "Does everyone know what they want to do?"

"I can bake cupcakes," Natsuki said dismissively.

"Perfect!" Monika said.

"Awesome! Your cupcakes are always amazing!" Sayori gushed.

"I can make a banner," Yuri said. "I can buy candles and set it to a calm mood."

"I love it," Monika said excitedly.

"Yay! I love Yuri's art!" Sayori gushed.

"I can help bake," Umi suggested.

"Okay, sounds good!" Monika smiled.

Sayori squealed jumping up and down. "Monika and I will set things up. Everybody, write a poem, so we can share them at the festival. We recommend that everyone meets up every day at each other's houses."

Monika looked up from her watch. "It's about time to go. We have some time to spare. You guys can leave if you want," Monika said.

"You," Natsuki said, turning to Umi. "Your house. Seven."

Umi nodded at the small girl and turned back to her friends.

"So, the plan is a go," Umi whispered.

Sayori cheered quietly. "I think it's perfect!"

"Me too!" Monika smiled.

_

_

"Why go home anyway?" Yuri asked, taking a seat next to Natsuki on the floor.

"What do you mean?" The pink haired girl asked.