★chapter 11 - cuts and bruises

"N-Natsuki! That's horrible!" Yuri exclaimed, wrapping the small girl into a hug. "We need to tell the police."

Natsuki's eyes were filled with tears. They were red and puffy. "You can't tell anyone about this," she begged, grabbing a hold of Yuri's shirt. "Please don't tell anyone."

Yuri hesitated. This was serious business. "Natsuki, we have to tell somebody."

Natsuki pulled away from the hug, breathing heavily. She got up from the bed and began to pace. "No, no I shouldn't have told you. Papa would be so mad!" She turned to Yuri. "You can't tell. He would torture you! I-I can't believe this!"

Strong sobs racked every inch of Natsuki's body. She fell to her knees, crying heavily. Suddenly, warm, strong arms wrapped around her. Soft lips pressed against her temple. Natsuki went limp in Yuri's grasp.

"W-Why did you do that?" Natsuki asked, blushing ferociously. Did Yuri actually like her? Could she get her hopes up?

"I needed to calm you down," Yuri smiled down at the girl in her arms.

"But y-you kissed me!" Natsuki exclaimed. "You only do that to people you like!"

Yuri looked down. "Sorry, Natsuki. I won't do it again."

"I-I mean you could if you liked me," Natsuki said quietly.

"You're like a little sister to me," Yuri said, hugged Natsuki tightly.

"Oh."

"Hey, what's that noise?" Yuri asked suddenly.

Natsuki looked around. A faint buzz could be heard. "My phone is on ring, so it can't be that. Is it your phone?"

Yuri pursed her lips and stood up, releasing Natsuki. She rummaged in the closet that she'd gotten pajamas for Natsuki out of. "It's my phone."

Natsuki sighed, annoyed that something dared to interrupt when Yuri was practically cuddling her!

"Hello?" Yuri said into the phone. She listened for about a minute before gasping. She happily hung up, smiling brightly.

"What is it?" Natsuki asked, returning to her senses.

"It was the hospital. I can pick up my sister," Yuri explained, grabbing the car keys. The two walked out of the house and into the car.

"So, I was never informed about what happened to her anyway," Natsuki said from the passenger seat.

Yuri clutched the wheel, thinking about what was said that day. "Do you really want to know?" she asked quietly.

"Kind of," Natsuki admitted.

"You know how I...um...how I cut myself?" Yuri began nervously.

"Y-Yeah..."

"She does it too, a-and I said something to her that wasn't very nice," Yuri admitted sadly. "So, she stabbed her wrist and lost a lot of blood."

"Oh," Natsuki said, not knowing what else she could say to make the air less tense. "That's horrible."

She looked over to Yuri. The purple haired girl was silently crying. She sniffed, wiping her eyes with her sleeve.

"I-I didn't mean that what you did was horrible!" Natsuki said, realizing what Yuri thought. "I just meant that losing blood is horrible!"

"N-No, it's okay. You don't have to take anything back. I know how terrible of a person I am."

"Yuri, you're not a terrible person," Natsuki argued. She reached over and wiped Yuri's tears away.

"Shit," Yuri mumbled. Natsuki looked upset. She was just trying to say something nice, and Yuri thought it was nothing.