★chapter 9 - mistakes and stupid words

The purple haired girl's eyes filled with hot tears. Natsuki could see why; when Yuri fell, a loud crack was heard. Natsuki felt horrible, but she couldn't bring herself to say it.

Come on, Nat. Just say you're sorry. It's not that hard...

The small girl rehearsed a heartfelt apology in her head. Instead, something else came out.

"You should be more careful. You're such a stupid klutz," Natsuki sneered, her arms crossed tightly against her chest.

"W-What is your problem?" Yuri asked, tears streaming down her face. "I-I've tried to be kind to you."

"You? Kind to me?"

"Y-Yes, but all you've done is hurt me. Why don't you stop harassing me? I-I get it, you don't like me. Why the fuck would you take it this far?" Yuri cried, shaking from tears.

Apologize, Nat!

"I don't dislike you," Natsuki said.

Way to go!

Yuri looked up at her from the floor, her eyes red and puffy.

"I hate you, Yuri."

She'd done it. She broke Yuri. After all this time, she'd bent her, tested her patience. This was it. She overstepped her boundaries.

"G-Get out of my house," Yuri said, tears streaming down her pale cheeks. "I'm finished with you."

Natsuki stepped back, surprised by her own behavior. "Yuri, I–"

"Take your cupcakes with you and leave."

"No."

Yuri tried to stand up, but she ended up tumbling to the floor. "E-Excuse me?"

"You can't live here with a leg like that," Natsuki declared.

"Well I definitely can't live here with you," Yuri said, her voice cracking. "So, just turn around and leave like you always do."

"W-What?"

"Leave."

Natsuki nodded solemnly. "What about the cupcakes?" she asked quietly.

"Take them," Yuri said, her voice strained from the pain.

"What about the frosting?" Natsuki asked.

"I don't know, okay?" Yuri said, raising her voice. "Just get the fuck out of my house. You've done enough."

"I-Is your foot okay?" Natsuki asked, trying to calm the taller girl.

"Yeah, I'm fine. P-Please just leave," Yuri begged quietly. "I'll finish the cupcakes, and you can take all the credit. Just go."

Natsuki nodded and opened the door, stepping out. It was still pretty bright outside— enough for Natsuki to walk home in.

She trudged down the road toward her house. It wasn't too far compared to the school. She passed Monika's house and Sayori's house before stopping at her own. She glanced at the driveway. Papa's car hadn't arrived just yet. She sprinted into the house, closing the door behind her.

The strong smell of alcohol hit her as she walked in. She quickly ran to her room and buried her face in hair. The pink mass smelled like Yuri's house, calming and inviting

Breathing the beautiful smell of lavender, Natsuki drifted off to sleep.

"Yuri, don't let go!" Natsuki exclaimed, burying her face into the older girl's neck.

The girls were watching a horror movie at the movie theater... in 3D.

"Shhhh, I won't let go. Everyone's looking at us," Yuri said softly.

"I'm scared," Natsuki whined, grabbing Yuri's sweater and clenching it in her fists.

"What can I do to calm you down?" Yuri asked, stroking the shorter girl's back.

Natsuki looked up, her eyes glistening with tears. Yuri stared into pink eyes filled with fear. Slowly, she leaned down and pressed her lips to Natsuki's lips.

Natsuki woke up, startled. What kind of dream had that been? Natsuki didn't know, but there was something she did know. Yuri was injured and all alone, and it was all her fault.

Natsuki cursed herself. Things were going great, but she had to go and open her mouth.

There was no way that she liked Yuri. That would just be stupid. Maybe she just wanted to be friends. Was that so hard to believe?

(A/N: yes, Natsuki. Yes it is.)

Natsuki checked her clock. She'd been asleep for hours! She scrambled out of bed, rushing to complete her chores before Papa arrived home.

_

_

Finally finishing her chores, she decided to take a shower. She was sweaty and sore from all the work around the house. Every inch of her ached in ways she couldn't even imagine. Even her heart had a funny feeling. She slipped of her pants and noticed an large, ugly bruise around her ankle. The mystery bruise didn't hurt, but it looked awful.

Upon closer inspection, she realized the bruise was the same foot that Yuri's had been. Was this a coincidence?

She sighed and began to shower. She kept sneaking glances at the bruise, racking her brain for a reason to why it was there.

Did she twist it by running?

Just as she turned off the shower, she could hear keys jingling in the door. Papa was home.

She rushed to put on her clothes and stayed in her room. She didn't read. She didn't text anybody. She didn't do anything. That's what Papa liked.

"GET YOUR LAZY ASS DOWN HERE," Papa yelled from the kitchen.

Natsuki whimpered and padded down the hallway. "Y-Yes, Papa?"

"I told you to clean the counter," he growled.

"Sir, I did," Natsuki said quietly.

"Then why can't I see my reflection?" he yelled in her face, his breath reeking of alcohol.

He held the empty beer bottle that he'd been holding over the small girl's head. She reeled back and fell to the floor. With full force, the man hit his daughter over the head with a beer bottle, shattering the glass.

Natsuki let out a scream, blood began to drip down her face. He grabbed her by her hair and threw her on top of the glass. She could feel her skin break as the glass buried itself into her flesh.

Papa laughed cruelly and disappeared into his room, probably ready to sleep.

Natsuki whimpered as she got up. She grabbed her phone and ran from the house. She ran down the pavement, ignoring the protests from her bleeding body. She just needed to be somewhere safe. She ran to Sayori's house and pounded on the door. No answer. Moving on the Monika's house, she rang the doorbell frantically. No answer.

There was only one house left.

_

_

"Ow," Yuri gasped in pain as she tried to stand on her foot. She'd been trying for a while— about 30 minutes. She bit her lip, sucking up the pain. She limped to her bathroom, planning to wrap her foot.

She hoisted her leg atop the toilet seat.  To her surprise, the bruise was gone.

She grabbed her head, what is happening to me?

Tears fell once again. She didn't understand. She was cursed, that's what. Bruises out of nowhere, fast healing as the pain stayed, it all just made sense. Something was cursing her, and she didn't even know why.

She stayed there, crying on the bathroom floor for what seemed like forever. She leaned back on the wall and closed her eyes.

After what seemed like moments later, loud, frantic knocks echoed through her house.

☆vote
☆comment
☆share