★chapter 15 - website

Natsuki opened her front door carefully. Papa's car hadn't been in the driveway, so Natsuki took the chance to look around for any food she could find. She opened the pantry, and a pack of instant noodles sat in the cabinet. A note sat on the lid.

"It's old. I don't want it. You can have it," the note read.

Natsuki smiled widely. She whistled as she prepared the noodles. When she reached for the bowls, her sleeve fell a little, exposing her wrist. Three new cuts sat on the skin.

Yuri felt ashamed. She knew Natsuki would figure it out eventually, but she just had to feel the relief that her knife brought her. She thought things had been going well with Natsuki, but obviously, something was wrong.

She giggled quietly as blood ran down her arm.

Natsuki stared at the cuts. This was her fault, wasn't it? Natsuki cursed herself under her breath. Wait, she could talk to Yuri tonight! She'd apologize! She was expected to turn up at 5:00PM. It was currently 4:30PM. Natsuki scarfed down her noodles and began her journey to Yuri's house.

The walk was about 20 minutes. It hurt a lot less than when she ran, that's for sure. She climbed the steps to the large house, lifting her fist to knock on the door. Umi opened it and greeted her with a small smile. "Natsuki, come in."

"Where's Yuri?" Natsuki asked.

"She's in her room," Umi answered. Natsuki nodded and turned toward the stairs. "Wait, Natsuki."

The pink haired girl turned around. "What do you want?" she scoffed.

"If you really don't want me to post the picture, then I won't."

Natsuki's eyes widened. Why was Umi suddenly surrendering? The petite girl nodded, smiling. "Don't post it." She then disappeared upstairs.

Umi nodded and turned back to her phone. She was looking at the school website. There was an entire page about the staff of the newspaper. Pictures included.

Umi gazed at Akara Matsumoto.

The girl in the picture was smiling slightly. She seemed happy, but Umi looked closer. In her soft purple eyes, there was an unknown emotion behind. Umi couldn't place her finger on it. Akara's chin was shaped into a good edge. She had pale skin and pink lips that only made her look even more attractive.

Umi smiled sadly. She'd never have a chance. Especially since she already had a girlfriend, anyway.

_

_

Natsuki knocked softly on Yuri's door. "Yuri, are you in there?"

There was no answer. Natsuki hesitantly opened the door. She walked in. "Yuri-"

She cut off when she saw Yuri sitting on the bed, her back towards the door. Natsuki slowly climbed on the bed, reaching her hand out towards Yuri's back. She stopped. How would Yuri react? She pulled her hand back as Yuri slowly turned her head to face her guest.

Her face was soaked with tears. They fell down her face, collecting at her chin, dripping from there. "Yuri?" Natsuki asked quietly.

This must have been why Umi surrendered.

Yuri said nothing, but her eyes communicated everything. Yuri placed her hand on Natsuki's cheek and kissed her. Natsuki was caught off guard. Her eyes were wide open.

The kiss ended as Yuri pulled away. She finally spoke in a soft, calm voice. "Does that make up enough for the cuts?"

Natsuki didn't speak. She didn't even move. She slowly nodded, not sure what else she could do.