★chapter 19 - peaceover

"So, what happened?" Yuri asked from inside her own car.

"I played it cool, so apparently, now I'm attending a sleepover with Natsuki, Akara, and Nao."

Yuri nodded. "Maybe this is your chance to get closer to Akara," she nudged her younger sister.

Umi rolled her eyes, blushing lightly. "Remember, she has a girlfriend. Plus, I'm pretty sure that I'm straight."

"So is spaghetti," Yuri smirked. "Until it gets wet."

"Whatever," Umi scoffed. She sat back in her seat with a huff. They sat in silence before Umi spoke. "But Yuri...I'm...I'm so sorry..."

Yuri glanced at her. "Don't be." Whatever Umi was regretting, she shouldn't have been.

"It's my fault that she was able to blackmail Natsuki. I shouldn't have even talked to her. I had no idea she was a bully, and to this day, I'm not even sure how she got the picture since I never sent it to her, but it's all my fault."

"Umi, it's not your fault. You didn't know she was a bully," Yuri sighed. "Can you drop it?"

"Okay, okay, fine," Umi surrendered. "Let's just go home."

"Why do you feel the need to keep apologizing?" Yuri asked.

"U-Um," Umi looked down at her hands.

"You don't have to tell me," Yuri said.

"No," Umi interrupted. "I will. I just need to figure out how to say this."

"Take your time." Yuri smiled at her encouragingly.

"Okay. I think I can tell you," Umi smirked.

"Shoot away," Yuri giggled.

"I—"

_

_

Yuri gasped. "No!" she squealed.

Umi burst out in laughter at her sister's reaction.

"Shut up," Yuri said, playfully sticking out her tongue. "I'm not talking to you for the rest of the night," she scoffed.

Umi rolled her eyes, laughing. She grabbed her phone after hearing the chime. She smiled at her phone screen after seeing who had texted her.

**

Akara:
Heyyyyyyyy babe

Umi:
I think you texted the wrong person

Akara:
Nah this is Umi, right?

Umi:
Yeah, but you're dating Nao... Why call me babe?

Akara:
Eh I call everyone that

It rolls of the tongue for you :)

Umi:
Haha I guess

Anyway, whatcha need?

Akara:
A ride... My car needs to get fixed and stuff, and Nao took the other car to go somewhere. I'm not sure where, and I need a ride to the estate

Umi:
Oh sure! Natsuki is riding in the backseat anyway

Akara:
Lmao why?

Umi:
A cop pulled Yuri over because they though Natsuki was a child

She was too short to sit in the front haha

Akara:
Oml hahahahah

Thanks :)

Umi:
Ofc! Np

I'm on my way now

Akara:
Okay thanksssssss