Dream On

October 16, 1988

After school Marshall and me walked with Jeanette to her house to pick up my gift. To say I only knew this girl for a day she was really friendly. Hope she didn't expect anything in return because I couldn't give it to her. Marshall's birthday was tomorrow and he didn't think anyone knew. Debbie told my dad and my dad told me. Nathan had no idea he just wanted cake. So while we went Halloween shopping I would ask to be excused so I could get him something. He likes rap a lot and I'm pretty sure he's never been to a concert...maybe I'll get him tickets to Run D.M.C. He loves those guys. But how will I get money for that. I wanted him to be happy as my new 'brother' fake at that. Or I could get him a stack of comics from the book store. That sounded like something I actually had money for. I think that's what i'll get him. He's turning seventeen. Shouldn't he be in high school right now? I avoided that and kept on walking and thinking. Those Run D.M.C tickets sounded perfect, but I just didn't have a enough. I ignored that and grabbed the box that she handed me.

"What is it?" I asked her. "It's a box of clothes. I'm getting big in certain areas," She looked down at me and Marshall was smirking. I shoved him in the ribs and she started talking. "And my mom told me to make a smaller friend so they can have some of my old clothes and you look like you wouldn't rape me...so why the hell not." She was certainty something. I opened the box and the clothes were so unlike me. They were pink and mainly dresses. There was a small hardcover copy of Wuthering Heights in there at the bottom and she winked at me. "Bailey told me you were probably a huge geek. So I put my moms copy in there." I laughed and Marshall kept staring at her pants. That little pervert. I rolled my eyes in disgust and Jeanette's mother called her. "Hey um I heard You're birthday's tomorrow?" She said gesturing towards Marshall. "Yup. You got something for me?" She giggled and shook her head.

"My parents are gonna be outta town for some sex convention and I was wondering if you wanted to throw a party here. Invite who you want as long as some of my girls could come?" I knew what he was gonna say and I rolled my eyes. That come part. He was thinking so dirty then. "Sure. Anyone right?" She nodded and her mom called again. "Oh and they'll have alcohol if that's not a problem." My eyes widened. I was definitely not going! No way. "Nope. I don't care. Bring a lot of girls okay?" She giggled and shut the door.

"Marshall you're not going to that party are you?" I asked with my hands in my pockets as we walked down the street. "Umm hello it's my birthday party." He waved and I noticed his hair was shorter than usual. He still was regular Marshall though. "There's gonna be alcohol though?" I said with my eyes getting wider and wider. "So? I'm gonna be seventeen. Next year I'll be able to fucking vote. I'm a man now." I rolled my eyes and Debbie's car came into view. "Well who are you gonna invite? Proof?" He giggled and slung an arm around my shoulder. "That's what I've been wanting to tell you. I have a group now."

"A group. What do y'all do, rape?" He pulled away and pursed his lips. "Take away the E. It's called Bassmint Productions. It's me I call my self M&M, then Big Proof, Dj Buttafingaz, Chaos Kid, and Manix."

"What's up with the candy names? Dj Buttafingaz? m&m?" I laughed hard at that and he looked upset. "No bitch! Its not candy names. Mine is my initials and Dj...well he likes to eat." I laughed harder and took a great deal of air as we climbed in the car. Debbie smiled at us and asked us about our day. Well Marshall got an A on his homework and so did I. I wonder if Deshaun got one. I couldn't believe he had a group. I wanted to hear some of their music. "What do you wanna be for Halloween Isabella?" I thought for a long time. "I wanna be wonder woman. I just wish I had a real invisible jet." Marshall turned to me and his eyes widened.

"You read comic books?" I shrugged. "Sometimes. When I'm not writing." Debbie looked at us through the rear view mirror and winked at me. "So Marshall what about you?" He already knew. He put his finger in the air and said, "Robin! The best sidekick ever." I chuckled and Debbie spoke up. "Then Nate will be Superman. Looks like you got a date Bella."