Return To Sender

December 25,1989=

Christmas Day

The last few days were pretty chill, literally. It snowed so much that the streets were blocked and no one could drive in them. It got a little better when they put the salt on the road, but we still couldn't go outside. Today was gonna be so much fun. Debbie's family was coming over and it was sure to be crazy since none of them actually knew me or Kim. All of Marshall's friends would be here and I knew I had to impress everyone in some way. Charlie couldn't be here though. He bought us all gifts this morning. He had to handle some stuff with Autumn in Flint so he'd be gone for at least two months. So he got Nathan two gifts for his birthday in February. Hot wheels and Legos of course.

He got Marshall a cd full of sick beats and I haven't seen him come out his room yet! I got a stupid pen. Yea it was one of the good ones though, that you use when you're trying to be fancy. You twisted the bottom and it opened. Wow, what a great gift...I was kind of upset I didn't get at least a hoodie but oh well. Kim got a makeup set, like a woman's makeup set and earlier I saw her only keep the gloss and lip sticks. I laughed at that and went to go get dressed for tonight. I mean the house was covered in decorations. You could smell the scent of sugar cookie and see lights, stickers, and old Christmas jigs were being played throughout the whole house. I smiled as I slipped on a long sleeved green shirt and black tights. I tied it all together with my famous converse that I literally had to scrub to get mud off of it.

I let my hair fall, but I did put a red headband in it that covered the top of my forehead. Pretty good if I may say so myself. I haven't really talked to Dylan and personally I don't wanna even date him anymore. It just got so drab and lifeless like neither of us existed.

Marshall wrote a letter to his father yesterday and we were waiting on a reply soon. I didn't know the man so I couldn't judge but it seemed as if Marshall blamed his mom for the divorce. Debbie and Marshall drew apart a little and I could so see it. They never talked anymore and stuff, it kind of pained me. I could hear a crowd starting to form below and I smiled as I knocked on Marshall's door. "People are here!" He opened the door and smiled back at me. "I'll introduce you to my family." I nodded and he held the area around my back as we walked downstairs. It wasn't as crowded, but it was still a lot of people.

They left gifts underneath the tree for Marshall, Nathan, Kim, and...Me! Omg how do they even know me of all people? I was happy at that and Marshall could tell. "My mom makes people buy presents for everyone." I chuckled and an old lady came into place with a gold blouse on and she looked a lot like Debbie. Just shorter and not a head full of hair. "Grandma!" Marshall screamed, leaping into her arms. "Oh my little Mickey, and who's this little dear?" She pinched my cheeks, making me wince a little. "This is Isabella Meyers, but call her Bella. Bella meet Betty Kresin, my gramma." I smiled at her to shake hands but she refused.

"I'm a hugger." I laughed at that and she squeezed me tightly. "She's so pretty. Prettier than that Kim girl..." She motioned to Marshall. Marshall agreed and I shot him a glare. "Ay yo Mickey!" We looked over and I saw a man in a jean jacket and piercings, with brownish blondish hair call after Marshall. "RONNIE!!!!" Marshall screamed, grabbing my hand and making me almost stumble over my feet as we ran to him. "How's my little nephew doin' ay?" He scratched his head and words can't explain how wide my smile was. "Aw man Bells this is the man who introduced me to hip hop. Best man ever!" I laughed and he reached out for my hand.

He shook it softly and placed a kiss on it, making me blush really hard. "Ay man you got a girl!" Marshall scolded. "Anyway I'm Ronnie Nelson. Debbie's brother." I nodded as he took a deal of breath and reached for a cookie. "Man how ya been?" Marshall asked him. "Fine, my girlfriend and I been going south but I think I can fix it." Marshall nodded his head in agreement and gave him one last hug. "Man I'm coming over to your place tomorrow." Ronnie slapped his back and pointed a finger at him. "You better. Or I'm chopping yo neck off." Marshall giggled and led me around.