School Flunky

January 14, 1990
Marshall ended up dropping out, he failed ninth grade three times, as in I stayed for my senior year. After he dropped out he started rapping more, like he would write for hours when I went to Bob's house, he ways crumpled it up and shoved into a bag, which I found hilarious.

My dad started seeing this woman named Katherine Ware, and she was definitely pretty, but she stated at our place so It was annoying, but at the same tone she was so sweet to me and dad. Marshall and me had the same job at Gilbert's Lodge, I was a waitress, and Marshall flipped burgers in the back.

He was already signed to a FBT Productions when he dropped out so he had nothing to worry about. Our kiss that day meant absolutely nothing. We didn't even talk about it, we just shrugged it off and continued being best friends.

There were rumors that Bailey was coming back, but I don't think so, I mean she would've called me. Marshall would do shows at St. Andrew's hall, in the basement. They called it The Shelta, and although it was catchy Id never been.

"Have a good day at school Isabella." Katherine said, rubbing her red hair with the back of her hand. "Thanks Kat, will you tell my dad that Deshaun is picking me up from work, along with Marshall." She nodded, and handed me my backpack. I kinda had this style I liked. I dyed my hair back to a deep brown, and let it grow kind of long, keeping the edges curled.

I always wore dark colors now, I wasn't emo or gothic, I just liked having dark colors. I found my own type of music, rock. I really enjoyed Aerosmith and Nirvana, kind of had a crush on Kurt Cobain now too.

"Dude, Yesterday I was on the porch just chilling and guess who showed up-" Jeanette rambled on, I just though about writing. I really hoped I got a scholarship this year, I kind of needed it. I was still really interested in literature, but I don't know what happened, I fell in love with customs and my surroundings.

I also liked TLC, they were pretty cool, but this year I would focus on writing and nothing but that. "You're not even listening to me Bella." Jeanette stopped me, placing her hand on my arm. "Huh? Oh um who stopped by?" She rolled her eyes and continued her boring ass story that she would retell to the entire twelfth grade class.

"Gavin Lorenzo." Dude he's so freaking cute and he came to my house. All he wanted was my homework but that's okay right?" I nodded and my eyes roamed Lincoln High School. For the first time I felt sad coming to school. I always enjoyed coming here and now this was my last year. Once I graduated I was gone. Probably away from Detroit, away from my dad. Away from Marshall.

Him and Kim's status was of course still in a relationship, and I was so angry. I wished he liked me, so freaking much, but reality sucks and I'll probably never get him.

~~~Lunch Period~~~
I sat by Jeanette, Melanie, and Aria, they were friends I made at a party one day. They all were friends of Jeanette's, and we all had first period together which was Home Ec. "Did you hear about that new movie coming out, what's it called?" Melanie asked, being stupid. "Something I can't afford." Aria said, taking a bite of a un salted french fry, stupid health restrictions at school.

Aria was a light skinned african American with like gorgeous light brown curly hair that she wore naturally, and she was curvy. She was mainly good at singing, I mean she sounded really good, she sang the Star Spangled Banner for a football game once in Los Angeles she told us but I think she was lying. "Not funny Ari, It's called Home Alone, we should go watch it." She googled eyed all of us and I shook my head.

"I have work everyday except holidays and weekends." I shrugged, drinking strawberry milk. "Okay then we'll go this weekend deal?" Melanie asked, flipping her blond hair. "Whatever UPS," Jeanette called her that because her name sounded like Mail, I thought it was funny.

"Stop calling me that I'm not kidding." They started arguing, but I didn't have time to listen since the next bell rang.

~~~
"Hi I'm your waitress, Bella, would you like something to drink?" I asked the couple sitting in the booths. "Umm can we just have coffee for now?" I nodded and as I wrote it down in my pad, I saw Marshall going towards the only phone in the establishment. It hooked to the wall and the wire coiled tightly, making you have to stand close to the phone.

I walked back to the kitchen and yelled my order as I placed it on the line. "Two Coffees!" The cook repeated and I stood there clicking my fingernails on the bar. "Here you go." I took the black plate that separated the steaming coffee and a kettle from scorching my hands.

"Here you go. Are we ready to order?" I asked, and they nodded, the thick man going first, "I'll take the potatoes, toast with jelly." He said and I looked towards the woman. "Can I have the New York steak and eggs?" I nodded and smiled at both of them. "I'll be back in a few." I sighed and leaned across the bar once again yelling my order.

"Marshall, get your lazy butt over here and do your job." Lez, an older woman who was vet. here yelled. He rolled his eyes and did what he was told. "Who did you phone?" I asked, leaning over the counter talking to Marshall. "Proof. He's gonna pick us up, but he just wanted to make sure what time." I nodded and he handed me the people's meal.

"Here you go, I hope you enjoy." When they got finish Id be done for today, and I sat in the restroom to do my homework. The algebra 2 worksheet was really easy: A linear equation is a polynomial of degree 1.
In order to solve for the unknown variable, you must isolate the variable
In the order of operations, multiplication and division are completed before addition and subtraction.
Example 1: Solve for x in the following equation.

x - 4 = 10
Add 4 to both sides of the equation:

x = 14

It wasn't that difficult to understand, I finished that then moved on to economics. We were learning that in social studies, and had to write a report on Ronald Regan, our current president. I started off with something strong like, 'In Life, we all have that moment were we loaf around, wondering what's for dinner or what's going on in Hollywood...Well as the president of the United States of America, Mr. Ronald Regan never has to worry about not having enough food or covers,' that's all I had and I kinda hated it, it wasn't my very best but at least Id get a B for participation.

I heard a knock on the door and I got up off the toilet, and opened the lid once more, trying not to like at the smell of piss and hand soap. I grabbed my binder with my homework, and my textbooks. "Bells your customers are ready to leave." Mickey said and I nodded as I opened the door.

"I'll be in Proof's car. He's outside." I nodded and shuffled my feet along the wooden floor that really needed to be polished. "Thank you so much for coming to Gilbert's. Did you enjoy your meal?" I asked, as I grabbed their plates. "Yes ma'm. We'll be back soon. Ad here's your tip." The chubby man handed me twenty dollars and I smiled as they walked off.

~~~
I hopped into Proof's back seat, inhaling smoke and outside. Mickey sat in the passenger seat and scratched his hair. "Man work sucks dick." He blew air out his mouth and I nodded. "At least you don't go home after school, my mom fucking kills me with all the chores she makes me do."

I laughed at that and listened to their conversation. "Try having your dads girlfriend on your back 24/7 gosh she's annoying." I said. They all laughed and I scraped at the dark blue polish on my fingernails. "Your dad has a girlfriend now? What's her name?" Marshall started a conversation.

"Katherine Ware, she's a real estate agent. She's Methodist and has an addiction to football." They pursed those lips, looking directly at each other and then straight ahead. "Does she know you hang out with us?" M asked. "Yea. I told her you guys were in the school choir and she believed it."

We all laughed at that and my house came into view. "Well, see you guys later." We did our special handshake and I ran to the door, opening it with my key.

_________________A/N
Okay so I know I said that I wouldn't put the date when we get to the nineties, but I couldn't help it. Here comes the start of it all!!!