It Was A Good Day

December 15, 1989
I had to work a double at the library today since Mr.Marcus, the dude who owned this place had a funeral to attend to. Kim and Marshall probably were at the house doing the 'nasty' and Debbie taking Nate to the day care center. I had plans with Bailey after work to go get yogurt and chill because she was moving to Atlanta with her dad. She told me the news last night through a phone call and I was so depressed. I mean I still had Jeanette, but she was kind of...fast in my eyes. Her and Mickey still had this brewing relationship thing going on and Kim didn't even know. I felt so bad for her and the thing is they're only seventeen. Well Kim is three years younger than Marshall, but they still do stuff like twenty year olds. Sometimes I hate when I hang because I wanna be somebody someday and I just have this lurking feeling in my body telling me to run away and never ever look back. I also wanted to support Marshall with his rap because I've heard him and it's insane. I've never heard anyone as lethal with a pen and piece of paper than him.

That's all he does...just sit there writing. It's so amazing to me, watching him do something he loves. I organized the books D-G and right when I was about to lock up a boy with corn silk colored hair and almost the same shade of blue eyes as Marshall, ran up to the door. His skin complexion reminded me of dough or a deep vanilla. His teeth were slightly yellow but the other thing I noticed was that he was built for his age. Probably eighteen or something. "Can I please please come inside?" He begged. "I'm sorry but it's after hours and I have to lock up." He kept looking behind him for some reason and turned his attention back to me. "Please? Look these guys are looking for me and I really need to hide." I let out a huge moan and eventually opened the door. "Awe thanks so much..." He was probably getting at my name and I gave it to him.

"Bella. Bella Meyers. Yours?" He plopped down in one of the grand chairs and I wandered off behind the desk. "Dylan Copes. And by the way Bella's a pretty name." I went red in my cheeks and I think he noticed that because I heard a small laugh from his lips. I walked through the aisles of endless books and I could feel him follow behind. I knew because I could hear his fingers tap the shelves as he moved. "Say do they have any Marion Zimmer Bradley in here?" My eyes poked out through their sockets almost and I turned to him. "You know her?" He walked closer to me and started looking. "Of course. The Mists of Avalon is the best."

I think I fell in love when he said that. He knew literature alright. "May I ask something?" I stopped behind him. "Yea anything?" He stood to his feet and tested his back against the shelf. "Why are you hiding from people exactly?" He bit down on his lip that made my heart pound really fast. He was really really cute and smart but any reason for someone like him to be running, he must've done something. "My little sisters eleven and when I got to her school to pick her up I caught her making out with this black dude. So I socked him in the face. I'm telling you he had the biggest scar on his face. But that happened two days ago and today while I was trying to get to my house by a short cut...i guess they were his older brothers,

They saw me and screamed out, 'Ay that's the white kid that hit lil boe!' The first thing in my mind was to fight em' off but there was too many. So I ran until I saw you. You looked nice to let me in so I asked and here I am." He said in one take. "So you hit a kid for making out with your sister?"

"No. It was a black kid." He maneuvered his way inches from me. "Wow. It's so weird the way racial tension spreads here. Your sister probably really likes him and just because he's African American you judge?" I was stern with my wording and he laughed. "Don't you see what those boys would've done to me? Who knows what their lil bro could've done to my sister!" I shook my head and licked my braces before speaking. "The boy must've had a nice bone in his body to kiss her. That's love Dill Pickle."

"What did you call me?" He asked. "Oh..um sorry I give nicknames." He laughed and I went red all over. "Nah I like it. Well as long as you like pickles..." I giggled and he just stared at me. "Wait wait wait...how old are you?" I stated. "Eighteen. Why?"

"Dammit! I'm sixteen." I frowned. "Two years apart Bella. It's not by much. Soo...Favorite color?" He asked out of no where. "What are we playing? Twenty questions?" I laughed. "Well I'm just trying to get to know my girlfriend." My jaw fell and I was at an all time lost for words. "You-Your girlfriend?" I mustered to get out. "Yea. You're cool...and beautiful. And you have the cutest laugh. Why not? Unless you don't date bad boys?" A bad boy who could read...i guess Marshall had a twin. "No there's no problem. Just so sudden ya know?"

"Well tomorrow's not promised to all. If you like someone why wait to tell them?" I smiled as he held his hand out for me. I placed my palm in his and he walked me to the tables.

----Hours Later----

"No! It's just like a home ya know? It's somewhere where I can escape from life. Like a portal opens to my own little world." I explained as I sat on the desk and he sat on the floor looking up at me. "You like writing that much ey?" I nodded and he asked for my hand. We had been getting to know each other all day and it was probably 10:00 or later. "He helped me down and grabbed my hand, pulling out a sharpie. "I'll write my dreams on your hand and you write yours on mind. When our dreams come true, that other person had to be the first to know." I smiled at him and he wrote on my palm.

'To live everyday like there is no other, but most of all to live it with someone who loves me just as much as I love myself." -Dill Pickle

I grabbed the sharpie from him and wrote mines.

'To be more than just another face in the world. I want to be known for things great and by far incredible. But most of all...to live happy with someone as great as my legacy.'

We smiled at each other and I couldn't stop staring at my hand either. "So...can I ask a question now?" He whispered in my ear. "How are you so beautiful?" I felt his hand lock with mine and I bit hard on my lip. Thank God I let him inside.