What did you just say???

I was hyped up out of my mind as Marshall battled. His crew was supporting him all the way, and I was drinking my feelings. "Slow down Bella." Cory pulled my sixth drink away from me and onto the counter. "Ooo look at mister modest." He bit hit lip and every part of me just wanted to kiss his mouth.

"I'm not being modest I'm just Tryna tell you that there are a lot of dudes in here who want a fix, and being drunk helps." I smiled at him being protective of me it was kinda cute. "Whateva' just dance with me."

"I don't dance." He snarled. I shoved his hoodie off his head and pulled him close. "Im not asking." He bit his lip and grabbed my hips. We danced like that for a while, every now and then I'd catch him smiling hard. "You wanna get a drink?"

"I'm good if you're good."

"I'm doing good, just asked."

There was really no music to dance to. Just sweaty bodies jumping and screaming when they heard a pun or insult they liked. "Walk with me somewhere." He said grabbing my hand. "Where we going?"

"Just follow me." Proof and the boys saw me leave, hand in hand with Cory and they rolled their eyes. I didn't care. I can't always be bound to them, bound to marshall.

We ran through the dark streets of Detroit, pass restaurants, stores, sketchy houses. He held my hand the whole time like I was a little kid. We stopped at a corner store that had a ladder on the side and empty paint buckets. "I come here to rap. I sit on the very top top of the roof, and watch the street. I came up here with my sister once, we made a duet about the color of the cars. I miss her."

"What happened to her." I asked in a whisper. "Um she Uh she ran away. My mom and dad were getting a divorce and she couldn't take it. She wasn't strong enough. So one day I woke up and she was gone. I raised her room, I called her friends. Nothing. She was gone."

"I'm, Im sorry." I said walking to the ladder. "What are you doing?" He asked me as I started up. "I wanna here you rap." He giggled while following behind me, his body weight supporting me.

I walked across the beams, careful not to fall, and sat on the very tip top. "Okay. Rap to me." He grabbed my hand and stared directly at my eyes.

"Yea, yo I'm sitting on the top of this roof, staring at a girl who I met through proof, she wanted me to rap so Imma spit it to her this way, I only make five an hour, I have noting but cold water to take a shower, I live with a dirty father who only cares about money, I wonder why he ever wanted kids man it's funny. I don't mean to bore you with this lyrical story of mine , I try to tell people it but I never have the time, and right now is right because I'm here with you. Couldn't imagine a better way to spend the night with a girl I met through proof." It got really quiet afterwards and I had tears in my eyes already.

"Why you crying?"

"Because it reminded me of someone I used to know."

"Who?"

"Me." As soon as I said it he kissed me. His lips curving and molding with mine. He placed his hands around me and I slipped his jacket off revealing a white t-shirt. "Shit." He said.

"What."

"You're beautiful." I laughed and we started kissing again, this time more passionate.

"YO!" We pulled away when we heard Marshall's voice. We looked down at the ground and it was him in the car. "Damnit." I mumbled.
•••
"Marshall listen-" We dropped everyone off and it was just me and him in the car. "I don't wanna talk Bella."

"Fuck that!"

"Who you talking to?"

"The only angry ass person in the car!" He started driving faster, his veins bulging. "Marshall slow down you're gonna kill us!" He took his seatbelt off and looked at me in the eye. "What the hell do you think you were doing with him Huh? I invited him to this thing to watch me rap, instead you pull him away to make out with his face! Bullshit!"

"Listen it wasn't like that. He rapped to me and we got caught up that's all." He looked like he was about to burst literally. "Why do you even care Marshall why? You have a girlfriend, you have a crew I don't! So why do you of all people care!!!"

"Because I'm in love with you Bella!! That's why. I try so hard to avoid it but I cant. You're all I can think about every second of every fucking day! I want you Bella."

Tears dropped from my eyes, he just told me the words to flip my whole world. "Say something." He Said to me, slowing down the car. "I think I'm gonna Umm-" an eruption of throw up rushed out of my mouth. "Shit." Marshall said stopping the car.