Cinderella Wasnt From Detroit

(Prom 1994)
All my friends and their prom dates were here. I wore a royal blue veil dress that dropped down in the back and Aria wore a white cut out dress that matched her figure. Jeanette wore a hot pink diamond dress that showed her height and Melanie wore a baby blue colored dress that matched Jeanette's. We rented a limo for prom and all of us were going to ride in it. Cory bought me chocolate and a gigantic stuffed teddy bear and a corsage to go with my dress. My parents were downstairs snapping pictures of the event and later on we were gonna have a after party at Jeanette's place. I invited Proof and Marshall but Marshall said he wasn't gonna go to a prom event where a bunch of screaming girls made out with their dates. Bugz said he'd come and I appreciated that so much.

Jeanette and I stood in my room all alone hugging. She was like the first girl friend I had here and to be leaving her tomorrow was gonna kill me. We were crying into each other's shoulders and I just wanted to hug her for the rest of the day. "Izzy?" She asked. "Yea?"

"I love you so much." I sobbed even harder into her shoulder and pulled away when I realized I was messing up her dress. "Oh I'm so sorry for crying," I kissed my teeth and bit hard on my lip. "I'm only gonna tell you this because I trust you won't tell anyone else but I'm gonna go pursue my dreams. I'm gonna move to Hollywoood straight after the ceremony in not even gonna go to the party I'm just gonna go and umm I wanted to ask you to tell everyone bye for me. I just can't do it."

"Oh yeah totally. I'm gonna miss you so much J. Make sure to come down to New York sometimes okay?" I had filled out the papers and decided to go to NYU for my college years. All my stuff was already planned out and turned out I was Valedictorian for this year so I prepared a speech to go along with the ceremony.

"We should head out, you have to hum get the first seat in the limo." We laughed and touched up our faces before coming out of my room.

---Prom---
The decorations were themed Brodway, the tables were either covered in black or red satin and topped with a bouquet of white roses. There was a red carpet that went through every part of the school and it started outside in the driveway. Balloons decorated the brick on the outside of the school and in the gym. A disco ball hung from the ceiling and illuminated the entire prom area. They dimmed the lights, and the photo booth was a Hollywood sign that glowed.

The foods varied between candy and sliders and nachos and stuff like that. They had a gigantic chocolate fountain with different fruits surrounding it. They had red white and black curtains to cover the windows. I wanna Be Down by Brandy was playing and Cory grabbed my hand and picked me up from the table. I couldn't help but blush as he kissed my cheek when we stood.

The girls made kissie faces as we stood and he guided me to the dance floor. "You look so fucking beautiful." I couldn't stop smiling at him and his dimples shone every time he smiled. "Thank you baby." I cooed as we swayed to the music. His hands fell to my hips and mine stayed on his shoulders.

"I wish I could come with you to New York." He whined, his arm draping over my back. "Maybe you can, I heard New York has a killer college basketball team." He chuckled and I kissed my teeth. "I can't babe you know that. I gotta stay here." I nodded and pulled him closer to me. "I wish I could just hold you forever and ever."

"Ay maybe we shouldn't go to the party later on today. There's gonna be a party tomorrow at graduation so just come home with me tonight."

"I wish I could but I'm gonna spend it with my parents. I go to New York the two days after graduation so maybe then." He nodded and stared at me. "I love you so much Bella. I just wish you weren't leaving. Its gonna be so hard for me to be faithful to you while you gone but Imma do it okay? Know that. Imma freaking dump everything for you if you asked me to."

"I love you so much Cory." His lips parted and he leaned forward to kiss me. I held him against me as we kissed, his body molding with me.

An hour passed by with dancing and laughing and eating, and Aria and her date were so cute. He started singing some song to her and tried to feed her a chocolate strawberry but he just shoved it in her face. Jeanette and Matthew were cooped up in a corner laughing and flirting and I sat in my chair with a cup of punch and Cory's hand in mine.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I screamed a little before turning around. "Proof! Oh my Gosh Bugz too!" I jumped up and hugged them both around their necks. "You look so beautiful Bella." DeShaun said. "Yea you look gorgeous mama." Bugz smiled at me and I just couldn't keep my tears together. They actually wore tuxs and they smelt good too.

"Yo wassup Cory?" Proof and Cory did a handshake and Bugz gave him dap before looking back at me. "Yo we go take your girl for a second okay?" Cory laughed and nodded as they swept me off my feet literally.

"Oh my God put me down now!!!" I kicked as they ran through the halls to outside. It was dark and small night lights and candles made it look brilliant. I could see the back of someone. They wore a white suit and had Sandy blonde hair. I couldn't even fathom who it was until proof sat me down behind him and the man turned around.

I covered my mouth at the sight of Marshall. His eyes were the bluest I'd seen and he smelled like clean aftershave. I cried and he just smiled and pulled me to him in a hug. "I Missed you so much." I choked. "Me too, I've been trying to make a name for myself and I got caught up but I'm back now B."

"Oh God hum do you wanna dance?" I chuckled through tears. "Uh yea actually." I nodded and Proof and Bugz went back inside. "So, there's a rumor going around that you're moving to New York." His hand cupped the small of my back and I looked down.

"It's not a rumor Marshall. I really am leaving."

"And you didn't tell me? What the fuck am I gonna do without you?!"

"Please don't make it harder to leave. I'm doing this for me okay? I need to make a name for myself like you're doing and that's what I'm gonna do so just, just stop okay."

"I really can't believe that you just gonna walk away from us. From me."

I bit my lip hard and tears strolled down my face, I pulled away from our little dance and turned my back on him to leave. "Wait hol up." He grabbed my elbow and pulled me into him. His face lowered and his lips parted just like Cory's.

"Marshall we can't." He gripped my wrists and stared into my eyes. "I'm not letting you leave Detroit for four or more years without you knowing what it felt like to be loved by me." That was it. I gave in to him and we kissed. Matter of fact we made out. He kissed me like his lips were dehydrated and mine were ice cold water.

We pulled away out of air and he stared into my eyes. "Did I tell you you were beautiful?" I shook my head and kissed him again more passionately.