I'm Bad

June 6, 1989,

The flash of the camera nearly blinded me. I felt the band of the corsage of orchids I was wearing itch my wrists. My dress was cooling on my legs and my now blond hair was pulled up in a lace braided bun. My necklace was just a silver rope and fairly thin. I had Marshall's arm linked with mine as we snapped the sixteenth picture of the night still at the house. Debbie was the one snapping pictures and my dad giving Marshall the 'glare'. My makeup was light with just a faint smokey eye and a slap of clear gloss. I scrunched my toes up in my converse and Marshall looked so cute in his bow tie and tux.

He smelt good too. Like Calvin Klein maybe. Nathan had a kiss mark on his cheek from me earlier. His cheek was my lip color tester. "Mom do we have to take any more pictures?" Marshall groaned as Debbie went for the eighteenth pic. "My little monsters are growing up." She said with a tear in the corner of her eye. "We're not babies mom." Marshall said. "Well excuse me for caring." She said, turning to the kitchen to get more film. "Have fun losers." Kim said, flipping the channel on the television. "We will." I said excitedly. "Hopefully." Marshall shrugged. I stepped on his foot and I saw another flash. I looked over to see my dad holding the camera this time.

"Have fun kiddo." He said placing a kiss on my forehead. "Thanks dad." He smiled and as we were walking out, Marshall unlinked our arms and held my hand. "You look beautiful Isabella." I gritted my teeth and curtsied as we walked. "The same to you Mr. Mathers." He chuckled and cars and Limos were lined up on the sidewalk and there was disco lights surrounding the school. There was dark water puddles on the curb with the lights bouncing off of it. There was a big sign on the front of the school and you could hear the music blaring from inside.

When we got inside we had to sign in and students get in free. We got to the gym and Brass Monkey was playing and strobe lights lit up the gym. "This is dope." Marshall said, glancing at every crevice of the prom. Balloons, confetti, posters, a food table, karaoke section. It was just crazy. "I know right." I gushed. "HEY MARSHALL!" Gary yelled from the dessert table. "Hey G!" M shouted back. "Say I'll meet up with you later I wanna go talk to Gary." I nodded and when he walked off I felt hands press on my shoulders. "Hey boo!" Jeanette said preppy like. "Hey J. You look good." She checked herself out then returned the favor. "So who'd you come with?"

"Marshall. He's somewhere in here. What about you?"

"Gary asked me. We're here as friends though is that the same with you?"

"Of course. He has a girlfriend J. They've been dating for what almost two years?" She shrugged and took a sip of punch. "Listen I've been at this prom for two hours waiting on you so we're gonna live it up girl. Let loose." She let her hair down and I just stared everywhere but where she was. 'Bad' by Michael Jackson came on and she completely lost it. She grabbed my hands and ran us into the sea of freshman's. She whipped her hair in her face and held her private doing what Michael Jackson does. "Your Butt Is Mine, Gonna Take You Right," She sang, as I giggled. I saw Marshall and Gary staring like pervs and Jeanette actually started feeling herself. "J you need to stop." I playfully said as she danced.

"I guess she's feeling it." Marshall said. I turned to face him and nodded. "How's Gary?" I asked. "He's good. We were checking you out."

"What?! Me?! I thought you guys were checking out Jeanette." He shook his head and wrapped his hands around my back. I gulped hard and almost broke a sweat by how close we were. "We were saying how skinny you were," He rubbed the side of his thumb up and down my back. "And how blonde hair fits you perfectly." I looked down at our feet. "Marshall I have to tell you something."

"What is it Bella?"

"Okay yesterday, after you left from the hip hop shop this girl came up to me and she have me an idea. Maybe you should have a concert. We can start off small, like at the hip hop shop then as you get bigger you'll get recognized." He smiled big and nodded. "What day?" I thought for a second. "Umm this weekend. I'll make fliers or something and you can ask proof if you could rap at the hip hop shop."

"That sounds ill. Bells you're the best." He kissed my forehead and I smiled really big. "Dude you have dimples!" He shouted. "No I don't!" I covered up my cheeks. "Yes you do. In the same spots that I have em'"

"Marshall shut up."

"No I'm serious."

"Ugh. I'm leaving."

"Where you going?"

"The house. Duh." I called out as I turned to leave out the gym door. I heard the pound of his shoes behind me and he opened the door for me, "Then I'm coming with you." I smiled at him and walked out of the school, back to the house with Marshall at my side.