Psychopath Killer

Last night I stayed up till eleven just trying to get Marshall gigs. His entire month was booked with crap and he was pretty proud of himself.

I woke up at about three, my dad was trying to plan a romantic day with Kat, while I was going to just hang around the house all day until Marshall came to get me for the show. I poured some Cheerios into a plastic bowl and shoved a spoonful into my mouth, chewing loudly since no one could hear, or at least I thought.

"It's that good?" Kat walked in, smiling brightly, and skipping around the kitchen. "Hmm actually yeah since I haven't had them in years." I was exaggerating, but it was true. I haven't had Cheerios in a bit. "Well old habits always surface. Are you gonna be okay here by yourself?"

"Totally, I've done it a million times. I might write to Autumn, or clean. I'll be good." She kissed my forehead, which felt like a very motherly thing to do. I sat on the barstool very stiff and she noticed. "Oh Bella I'm sorry, it's just that me and your father are getting married and I feel like-"

"It's okay, it's just, that reminded me of my mom." She wore a smile that said she was gentle. That every inch of her screamed welcoming. That's just who she was and gosh it reminded me of her. "Well, your dads waiting in the car so I should head out," She slipped on a black peacoat, and I swallowed another scoop of cereal.

"There's some stuff I left out for you in your fathers room, for tonight." I smiled and waved as she walked out of the door, a prep in her step. She was good for my dad, matter of fact she was perfect.

I took a quick shower after my cereal, then slipped on a light pink crop top and some denim shorts that stopped above my knee. My light brown combat boots went well with it, and I blow dried my hair quickly, so I could figure out what exactly Kat left out for me.

I shuffled my feet to my father's room, stepping over trash. This place really needed to be picked up. On the bed there was an outfit, white peep toe heels, a long sleeved white shirt, and deep black skinny jeans. I picked the outfit up to evaluate it and what fell surprised the hell out of me.

It was a condom. And on the back of the wrapper written in blue sharpie was a message from Kat. 'I won't tell your dad'. My heart raced, what did she think we were gonna do? I shoved it in my combat boots and carried the outfit to my room for later.

I was really all alone today, I wouldn't see any of my friends till later, and I had the whole house to myself. I picked up in my room, it wasn't that dirty, but it was kind of cluttered. I came across a Spider-Man drawing Marshall gave me a long time ago. Or maybe I stole it. I don't know either way I have it. I put the drawing aside and started cleaning again.
+++
The house was squeaky clean and I was dressed in a leather jacket, a white t-shirt and some skinny blue jeans. I let my hair fall in spiral curls and put on a red lip. I felt proud of myself as waited for Marshall to pick me up.

"Hey Bella!" It was my father. I could hear the mumbling of other voices through the speaker. "Hey dad what's up?" I waltzed around the newly cleaned kitchen, searching for the stash of money my dad always hid. "Hey instead of going to Bugz's place you're gonna go to Autumn's place. She called earlier and I forgot to tell you."

"Uh okay, but how long am I staying there?"

"Just a week. You'll see all your old friends."

"Dad you're forgetting that I had no friends."

"What about that Adrian kid? Wasn't he your friend?" I grunted, pulling out a twenty from the cookie jar. "Yea whatever. I'll talk to you later Marshall should be here." He hung up as I shoved the twenty in my back pocket.

Sure enough Marshall was outside in the car. All of our 'crew' were there, including a few people I didn't know. Once again I had to sit on a lap, but this time it was someone I didn't even know. "Hey Bella." Marshall and the other guys said. I said hi back and turned back at the african American guy behind me.

"What's your name?"

"Cory. I'm guessing your name is Bella."

"Isabella, but yea I prefer bella." He smiled at me, and he just looked like he didn't belong here. He was light skinned, wearing a deep black jacket and pants that actually fit. He was handsome in a non-Detroit way. "How do you know Marshall?" I asked, turning to look at him. "I worked at the shop with Harry Bun. We're trying to get Proof a deal with some big time rap scene."

"Really? How come he hasn't told anyone?"

"Well it's kinda confidential. Marshall is supposed to be the big hit of this. Ya know? Become famous because he's the only white nigga here?"

"Yea but how does that make him special. I mean there's a lot of white rappers."

"From Detroit? Nah I can name a few, maybe three. But proof has something. We don't want him to be under Marshall. He's been doing gigs too. You should come one day. Town hall." I smiled at him. He's the only boy besides Marshall that hasn't hit on me. I take that back, Marshall hits on me 24/7. "I might. Under one condition."

"And what's that?"

"You tell no one about this Proof thing okay? Keep it between you and whoever a working with him."

"Yea."