We As Americans

December 26, 1989

It was probably Dawn right now, and I was the only one still sleep. I felt sick for some reason and I have a weird tingling in my head. Something was stuck to my face and it felt like paper. I peeled the envelopes off and felt a sticky gloss covering my cheek. The envelopes were empty and underneath were the letters. Guess I read them all last night. My stomach felt really bad and since it was close to Christmas Day...

I rushed out of the bed and went to the restroom. It was locked so someone was in there. I knocked hard over and over again till I heard someone speak up. "Hol up Kim I'm pissing!" It was Marshall! Gosh I really needed the restroom right now and my bag. "It's not Kim Mickey it's Bella!" I banged continually and he still didn't open. "I'm almost done one sec!" My 'gas' was probably 'leaking' right now and I really needed the restroom so I could change it. The door swung open and how grateful I was. "Morning." He shrugged. I pushed right by him and locked the door.

I pulled my pants down and yea I think you know what I did next. I forgot my period comes around this time and I didn't even remember. I didn't have any tampons so I just used a pad. Gosh I hate having a period because you can't really do anything. In the words of my mother...'Boys have things hanging from them...if they can do anything so can you.' I laughed as I washed my hands and I'd take a bath later, I just wanted to have some time to myself to write.

Marshall was in his room when I got there and he was watching Little Rascals. His legs were behind him and he fiddled with the remote in his hands. "What's up with you?" He asked. "Oh umm you know just girl stuff." He rolled his eyes and went back to the television. "You're on your period aren't you?" I poured and nodded slowly. "I live with three girls bells. I knew what was wrong with you from the moment you pounded on the door because you never use the restroom much." I laid next to him and rested my head on his shoulder. "You know me so well." He chuckled and pushed me off of him. "Hey I don't want vagina blood on me." I slapped his arm and he chuckled. "Nah I'm just kidding, come here."

We laid together just watching the movie when we heard the door slam. Kim must've left. But I heard other voices. Manly like. "Who's that?" I whispered. "Umm I think it's Bugz and Proof." I nodded and went back to watching the movie. "You guys either go up there with Marshall and Bella or get the hell outta here." I heard Debbie yell. Marshall flipped the tv off and opened the door for them. "Your mom looks high man." Bugz said. "Yea she's been popping pills man. Scared for er' "

"Haha she fine. hey bells." I waved to them and flipped the tv back on. Proof hopped on the bed and nudged me. "Mmm." I moaned. "What's wrong with you?" He asked. "She's on her period Proof she's feisty."

"I am not!" I scolded him. "Aww please don't eat me!" Bugz laughed. "You guys are dicks and I hate you!" I grunted, for some reason I felt like hiding. In the closet. By myself. That's weird. Anyway, I scooted off the bed and everyone watched as I oped the door to the closet and hid inside. "Ay yo bells you coming?" Proof yelled.

"Nah man she never comes." Marshall laughed. "Foreal doe are you coming with us?" Marshall laughed even harder. "We're going to Ronnie's." I opened the door and grabbed my jacket and boots.

~~~~Like twelve in the morning~~~~

We were all laughing in the car as we talked about our day at Ronnie's. We listened to hip hop all day, I even got a a shot at rapping, but I just got embarrassed because I didn't really rap I just said a poem I knew. They all said it was good, but I wanted to hide somewhere. The boys and me and Ronnie got to meet his girlfriend who gave me Umm...condoms. She just handed them to me and smirked when she looked at Marshall. No way. Why does everyone think I'm dating him?

Bugz started a balloon fight inside the house with cold water and snow. I got hit the most because every time I tried to hide behind Marshall he just hit me with one. Ronnie hit his girlfriend in the boobs while she was asleep and she went ape shit on him. It was just so freaking crazy.