Chapter 72

"And now, introducing Mr. and Mrs. Paul Lahote," the DJ said, causing Paul and I to walk onto the dance floor.

"So, we all know how impatient Paul is, so here's to the couple's first dance." I giggled at the introduction as "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz began playing. Paul and I danced to the music, swaying slightly. I could tell he was shooting death glares at some of the younger boys in the pack.

"Paul, baby, don't worry about them," I said. He smiled down at me.

"Just don't want 'em ruining your day," he said, kissing my lips gently.

"Our day, babe," I said, smiling at him in hopes he'd calm down.

"I love you so much beautiful," he said.

"I love you too," I said, leaning my head on his shoulder for the remainder of the song.

After we were done, everyone got there food, except Paul and I because everyone was congratulating us and telling us how beautiful everything was. Eventually we did get some food, and just in time to hear Sam's best man speech. I tried valiantly to block him out because it was funny, but very perverted and definitely not something I wanted to remember. He took jabs at both Paul and I, but I didn't really care. He's always been like that.

Next up was Emily's Maid of Honor speech. She was super sentimental and cried about a hundred times. She spoke about Melody too, which made me cry and Claire turned into Quil's chest, sobbing as she was reminded of her missing mother.

"It's okay babygirl," Paul said, rubbing my back as I wiped my eyes in attempt to calm down. I nodded in agreement, taking his hand and holding it tightly until I collected myself.

"What's next?" I whispered to Paul.

"Your dance with Sam," he said. It was supposed to be my father daughter dance, but I refused to think of it that way. Instead, I was dancing with Sam since he'd been a better father to me than my father ever was.

"And next, Sam is standing in for Destiny's father daughter dance, so wherever they are, please make your way to the floor," the DJ said.

I stood up, walking onto the floor as Sam did the same. The music to "Count On Me" by Bruno Mars began playing.

"Thank you again," I said.

"I'm a much better father than that a-hole, so you're welcome," he said. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said.

"I know everything in the last few years has been rough," he said. "But, we chose this song for a reason, right?" I nodded in agreement.

"I know," I said softly.

"I mean it. If you need anything, ever, Em and I are always here for you," he said.

"Thanks Sam," I said.

"You're welcome. You're like the perfect little sister I never got, and I love you like a sister," he said.

"And, I love you like a brother," I said. We were quiet for the remainder of the song before Sam walked me back over to Paul. Paul thanked Sam and it was announced that we were going to cut the cake.

Paul opted out of a mother daughter dance because he didn't have a mother figure apart from Emily.

"Paul, don't ruin the face or the dress," I said.

"But baby, I have to smash cake in your face. It's tradition," he said. I rolled my eyes, but held the knife in my hand as he wrapped his hand around mine and we began to cut the cake.

"Here's your piece," Paul handed me a plate.

"Here's yours," I said, handing him a plate as well. He picked the piece up, holding it in front of my mouth. I went to take a bite when he smashed it across my mouth instead. I licked my lips, knowing that half my face was now covered in cake.

"Mm, tastes good," I said. He smiled at me as I grabbed his piece. "Don't bite me."

"Wouldn't dream of it. At least not-," I cut him off by smashing the cake into his mouth and wiping some frosting on his nose.

"It does taste good," he said. We headed off to get cleaned up as Emily cut the rest of the cake and handed it out to the guests.

"You look beautiful, even covered in cake," he said.

"So do you," I said.