Chater 57

"Dest, wake up," Leah said, softly shaking my shoulder.

"Hey girl. How you been?" I asked softly. I hadn't had time to sit down and talk to her recently, so I definitely miss her even though I see her all the time.

"Good. You?" She asked.

"Last night was hell. Hopefully it'll get better soon," I said.

"It will," she said. "Em asked me to give you this stuff. She said to get dressed and come downstairs so you can eat before Cullen gets here."

"Why're you here?" I asked, sitting up finally.

"I pledged my allegiance to Sam's pack again so I can quit hanging out around those leeches," she said.

"Makes sense," I said. "Now go so I can dress."

"We're cousins idiot," she said.

"I'm aware idiot," I retaliated.

"I love you Destiny. I really hope we can be friends again," she said.

"I love you too Leah," I said. She left the room, locking the door behind her so I could get dressed. I pulled on the jeans and sweater quickly before messy-bunning my hair and heading downstairs.

"Breakfast is served," Emily said dramatically as I sat down at the table.

"Thank you," I said. I ate the pancakes and hash browns slowly as Seth started talking Leah and I's ears off.

The pups were sitting in the living room watching some BS movie and complaining about how historically inaccurate it was. Jared still hadn't returned, and neither had the four who stayed at Old Quil's.

A car pulled into the driveway quietly and within a second there was a knock at the door. Emily stood up from the table and went to answer it.

"God, Cullen's here," one of the pups snapped.

"I don't know which one of you it was, but it better not have been the one who owes his life to Paul and the Cullen's," I said. I stood up, grabbing my crutches and heading out towards the front door.

"Hello Destiny. Did things get any better since I left last night?" Dr. Cullen asked.

"I don't know. I haven't been in to see Paul yet, so I'm still just as anxious as I was," I said.

"Let's go together then, shall we?" He asked. I smiled at him politely as we headed up the stairs to my bedroom. Sam was waiting for us outside the door. I don't think he'd moved all night. Paul was his little brother, and he couldn't stand to see him like this.

"Sam," Carlisle said, nodding politely.

"Carlisle, thanks for coming back," Sam said. "I'll get after the pups for being assholes towards you all."

"It's in their nature to hate us. I understand," Carlisle said.

"Doesn't make it right," Sam said, wiping his face in attempt to hide his exhaustion.

"He's getting impatient," Sam said, nodding towards the door. Paul must've said something I couldn't hear but the other two could.

"Let's check on him," Carlisle said as Sam pushed the door open.

"Destiny?" Paul asked. The soft sound broke my heart. He was still in a lot of pain, and he was probably starving to death.

"I'm here babe," I said.

"Thank God. Sam is getting annoying," he said. I smiled at him, more because he was talking in full sentences again and less because of the comment he made.

I made my way over to my chair that was still placed by his head and sat down with him.

"Hey beautiful," he said.

"Hey babe. How're you feeling?" I asked.

"Hungry," he said. "I can smell those hashbrowns Em made for breakfast and I'm a little jealous."

"I'm sorry, babe, but Doctor Cullen said liquids only," I said. "Maybe Jared will take pity and go buy you a milkshake."

"I could only hope he likes me that much today," Paul said.

"Alright Paul, they're looking good. You're looking good without the morphine drip. Did you get mad at it or something?" Carlisle asked.

"Well, I think that my healing didn't like it because it began to burn in my hand so I had to take it out," he said.

"Paul," I chided.

"He's going to be a okay in a few days Destiny. Don't worry. You can start letting the others in once he eats. Liquids only for today. Soft foods tomorrow. I'll be back that day after tomorrow to check on him," Carlisle said.

"Thank you," Paul and I said at the same time.

"You're welcome. Destiny, I'm trusting you to act as his nurse. Don't let him over exert himself, but he can sit up today," Doctor Cullen said. "And, the guys are more than welcome to come see him."

"I won't let him get hurt," I said. "Thank you again."

Doctor Cullen nodded and left with Sam, leaving Paul and I alone in my room.

Sam spoke from the hallway before shutting the door. "I'll send Bobby up in five minutes."

We both agreed and they left us alone for the first time in what felt like forever.